By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Numbers Up - Feb 6, 2010! More adjustments too?!

I see the Wii has 49.1% market share, down fron 49.2% before Others so I am guessing Wii got adjusted down or the HD twins 5one or both) got adjusted up.

Anyway, nothing special this week.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network

The gap is now at 6.3 million. Heh? Negative sales for PS3?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

without these re-adjustments in the first place in the others..ps3 WW sales are tracked to be around 32.4 or 32.5 and that I believe is the right number. Well VGCchartz shud be updating it eventually. Actual numbers could be as high as 33 mn though.

Further sales new source:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62249

room414 said:

it's almost comical...the ps3 has outsold the 360 every week for over 5 months and yet the gap keeps getting bigger

This made me LOL

Going by shipments, I feel ioi will get some more solid date soon and adjust PS3 up.

Please PS3 fans don't freak out like last time .............

whats going on with vgchartz..afew weeks ago the gap was nearly 5.5m and now despite ps3 is selling more than 360 every week the gap is being bigger??
ithink iwill question vgchartz credibility

Around the Network

Also noticed Wii is down 0.1 percent, some minor adjustment down made there.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I'd love to know wtf is going on with this site.

That pic of Lightning makes me self-aware for some reason, can't figure out why.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

So now there is over a million difference in the gap between 360/PS3 shipped (5.2m) and sold (6.3). Sorry, but that's just not credible.

I'm starting to wonder myself what is going on. With my discussion with psrock and others last week, they were wondering why there were 2.7M consoles in the wild. This adjustment will make that nearly 3M. I'm starting to wonder where the consoles actually are, if they're not in those countries that they've found a disparity. There must be a couple countries undertracked and those will be fixed when the time comes I guess.

Still, it could have something to do with the upcoming season of heavy hitters... maybe a price drop is in the works?