Quantcast
Inside Xbox @ X018 thread. November 10th, 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Inside Xbox @ X018 thread. November 10th, 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT

Studio announcements alone make this a 7/10

Next Xbox will have some amazing RPGs



Around the Network
iceland said:
Came to this thread to see what I missed while I was at work... yikes, didn't take long for it devolve into a war

It’s been pretty civilised, actually.

have you watched it? It was just a weak show, I’m sure most XBox owners agree.



Errorist76 said:

It’s been pretty civilised, actually.

 

lol



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Errorist76 said:
iceland said:
Came to this thread to see what I missed while I was at work... yikes, didn't take long for it devolve into a war

It’s been pretty civilised, actually.

have you watched it? It was just a weak show, I’m sure most XBox owners agree.

No I haven't (and wont), it was never supposed to be a huge hype event. The 2 added studios are fantastic. But I'm bummed there wasn't at least one new game announced.



Runa216 said:
I gave up 30 minutes into the presentation.

Microsoft can't make me care about their stuff and crackdown looks like garbage.

I'll poke my head in this thread when it's all over to see if I missed anything.

What is the point on this comment?



Around the Network
VAMatt said:
Runa216 said:
I gave up 30 minutes into the presentation.

Microsoft can't make me care about their stuff and crackdown looks like garbage.

I'll poke my head in this thread when it's all over to see if I missed anything.

What is the point on this comment?

It's better to just ignore the trollers.

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 11 November 2018

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Honestly the announcements themselves were fine. The constant barrage of gamepass advertising, the overly scripted aspect to events, the unnecessary amount of talking just undermined the entire event.
MS X Obsidian is now confirmed which bodes well for MS next gen. Perhaps. Otherwise they could have just put the announcements into a 30 minutes vid or just blog post announcements, cause that's the kind of gravitas they only had.



twintail said:
Honestly the announcements themselves were fine. The constant barrage of gamepass advertising, the overly scripted aspect to events, the unnecessary amount of talking just undermined the entire event.
MS X Obsidian is now confirmed which bodes well for MS next gen. Perhaps. Otherwise they could have just put the announcements into a 30 minutes vid or just blog post announcements, cause that's the kind of gravitas they only had.

Yeah, way too much fluff, they could've easily cut down on that. Nintendo direct format would've done wonders here. Would've condensed all this into like 45 minutes.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

 

No one denies a great exclusive can't sell a console, it just doesn't hold a huge impact that people here think. Multiplatform games is what most ps4 owners play. The beginning of this generation (first three years) Sony didn't have a huge console seller until Uncharted 4 and ps4 was selling well before it was released. Microsoft is buying these studios mostly for xbox game pass, not really for their console. They realize in order to have a netflix model, they have to do three things. 

1. Get xbox game pass everywhere which is what they're going to use Xbox cloud service for.

2. Have constant games coming in (thus the new studios and their deals with indies).

3. Cheap monthly price.

These games being native xbox console exclusive is just a bonus for them, but they are trying to dominate the subscription service because it is worth a lot more.

@Snoopy you do realize that your whole argument was based on the fact that you think Xb is going to do great next generation because they acquired these new studio to make exclusives. if that's not the case and u believe Exclusive don't matter much they why do u think MS will do great in next gen.. what will be the difference next gen compared to this gen?? I M confused 



I thought the show was good and fun wtf gamers always expecting a ton and overreacting having no new games doesn't make a show bad if that wasn't its purpose