By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Inside Xbox @ X018 thread. November 10th, 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT

Came to this thread to see what I missed while I was at work... yikes, didn't take long for it devolve into a war

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

2 million out of 90 million ps4 owners is impressive? Lol okay, thanks for proving my point showing how desperate you are. 

Considering most multiplatform games don’t even sell that number on several platforms it’s damn impressive. Especially since those numbers are pretty outdated and those games have sold considerably more including digital.

Deny it all you want but stellar exclusives sell consoles and Sony is doing a considerably better job at producing console sellers than Microsoft. Maybe not 1 or 2 great games, but 5-10 or more and it helps selling a 5 year old console like it is...and Microsoft could’ve done the same and the XBox would sell much better. This isn’t even up for discussion, since even MS have realised this by now.

No one denies a great exclusive can't sell a console, it just doesn't hold a huge impact that people here think. Multiplatform games is what most ps4 owners play. The beginning of this generation (first three years) Sony didn't have a huge console seller until Uncharted 4 and ps4 was selling well before it was released. Microsoft is buying these studios mostly for xbox game pass, not really for their console. They realize in order to have a netflix model, they have to do three things. 

1. Get xbox game pass everywhere which is what they're going to use Xbox cloud service for.

2. Have constant games coming in (thus the new studios and their deals with indies).

3. Cheap monthly price.

These games being native xbox console exclusive is just a bonus for them, but they are trying to dominate the subscription service because it is worth a lot more.

Yeah, that was weak. 4/10

+ 2 new studios
+ post launch support for Microsoft Studios games
+ Game Pass becomes an even better deal
+ Crackdown
- Not a single new game
- Paid fake ass crowd
- Way too much fluff (cut down on the interviews and nba ads)

I wish MS took the direct style approach with this, would've been over in 45 minutes.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Yeah, that was weak. 4/10

+ 2 new studios
+ post launch support for Microsoft Studios games
+ Game Pass becomes an even better deal
+ Crackdown
- Not a single new game
- Paid fake ass crowd
- Way too much fluff (cut down on the interviews and nba ads)

I wish MS took the direct style approach with this, would've been over in 45 minutes.

I wish Microsoft show the heavily rumour Battle toads game, I feel like that could be a great co-op beat'em up game.

Studio announcements alone make this a 7/10

Next Xbox will have some amazing RPGs

Around the Network
iceland said:
Came to this thread to see what I missed while I was at work... yikes, didn't take long for it devolve into a war

It’s been pretty civilised, actually.

have you watched it? It was just a weak show, I’m sure most XBox owners agree.

Errorist76 said:

lol

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Errorist76 said:
iceland said:

have you watched it? It was just a weak show, I’m sure most XBox owners agree.

No I haven't (and wont), it was never supposed to be a huge hype event. The 2 added studios are fantastic. But I'm bummed there wasn't at least one new game announced.

Runa216 said:
I gave up 30 minutes into the presentation.

Microsoft can't make me care about their stuff and crackdown looks like garbage.

I'll poke my head in this thread when it's all over to see if I missed anything.

What is the point on this comment?

VAMatt said:
Runa216 said:
I gave up 30 minutes into the presentation.

Microsoft can't make me care about their stuff and crackdown looks like garbage.

I'll poke my head in this thread when it's all over to see if I missed anything.

What is the point on this comment?

It's better to just ignore the trollers.

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 11 November 2018

Bet with Intrinsic: