By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

umm..isnt a magazine something u put in a gun...

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

They are no better or worse than anyone else, most reviews are fine but there are a few that stand out and look daft (Wii Sports Resort, Killzone 2 etc) but the same can be said of any other site, what i find more puzzling is why they have somehow become THE review site whose opinion matters so much more than others they are nothing special!

My current Soul Silver Team:

Pingu said:
They are no better or worse than anyone else, most reviews are fine but there are a few that stand out and look daft (Wii Sports Resort, Killzone 2 etc) but the same can be said of any other site, what i find more puzzling is why they have somehow become THE review site whose opinion matters so much more than others they are nothing special!

This just proves that whatever they are doing to annoy people, they are doing it right.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

at least they got Uncharted 2s right they gave it a 9 out of 10 unlike many others that gave it perfect 10s

its to be expected not every1 will have the same opinion bout a game that u do

Play Me

Pingu said:

this is the whole point. edge has/had a massive cult status in the UK as a gaming bible.

Just look at all their perfect 10/10s:

as you can see their standards have clearly dropped over the last 2-3 years. If they liked Bayonetta that much Devil May Cry should have been their 10 in that genre, same could be said for GTA3 against 4. Titles that truly push a genre forward was the only thing that would get rewarded with an edge 10 not merely refining a genre. I honestly dont think any of the italic games should have got a 10.

like you said they are now 'nothing special'

Around the Network

I can't believe people make entire threads to complain that a magazine is biased. This just blows my mind.

If I find a reviewer and I agree with every score they've given in their game reviews, then I've found a crappy reviewer.

disolitude said:

I'm gonna hijack this thread.

Lets guess whose alt account is this?

I'm going to go with...umm...Kantor? :P

I was defending Edge in that last thread!

Anyway, better than the last rant we had, but still, needs more RAGE.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

disolitude said:
twesterm said:
disolitude said:

I'm gonna hijack this thread.

Lets guess whose alt account is this?

I'm going to go with...umm...Kantor? :P

I see your hijack and raise you one:

You win. I like your thread better...

This one seems appropriate.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I suppose MS paid them, Shit they paid every reviewer out there to give PS3 (and Wii) games bad scores.

No fucking way a game could be mediocre on the PS3, No way!