By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to buy an 80gig ps3 of a 20 gig 360

I would go with the PS3,

1. Blu-Ray player

2. Good games coming out soon enough ( Haze, Gran Turismo 5, Drake's Fortune)

3. You can get 2 free games + Motorstorm for 500$

4. Free online play (even though Xbox Live is better, it costs money)

Don't forget no R&C on Xbox

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

Edit: basically I want a 360 or ps3 so I can play AC :D

Honestly I'd wait for AC to launch and read a couple reviews, make sure it's still a system seller for you, what I've read recently has made me weary of the combat and AI.

It seems like the other games that interest you (excluding mass effect) won't be out for a while so there's no real reason to rush into a purchase, both systems will likely see some form of a price drop next year. 

cool48 said:
I would go with the PS3,

3. You can get 2 free games + Motorstorm for 500$

Where does this deal exist.....or is this the Europe bundle? 

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I would go with a Ps3

& most of my reasons to go FOR IT were the same as your

MGS4 being at the forefront...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

If you are a huge MGS fan than the playstation 3 is the obvious choice. lets face it 360 is not getting MGS4 and it cant play MGS-MGS 3.

You named three 360 games, one which is coming out in the coming weeks, one which is coming out in 2009?, and NG2 is coming out in about 8 months, although there is always NGS on the PS3 which will likely be very similar.

You named four PS3 games, MGS 4, which is exclusive to PS3 is coming out mid 2008, FFXIII 2009?, WKS which is early to mid 2008 which looks absolutely awsome and is a day one purchase for me, LBP is coming in Jan I think and is completely different game to all the others listed.

AC will be pretty much identical on either system.
I would recommend you the PS3 because there are more games that you want on the PS3, online is free, so over 5 or 6 years works out cheaper, it is way more reliable and LBP will be the ultimate gaming experience!

Around the Network

What are you getting then?

mM

So did they fix the Crowd AI on the PS3 version then? Like, did they mention it?

Cause last I heard the developers said AC crowd AI would be much better on the 360 due to something with the PS3.

Either way if MGS is THE deciding factor. Go with the PS3. There is a chance it'll be out on the 360... but why risk it?

If your just looking for which version of AC will be better. I'd go with the 360 for the better Crowd AI.

All this is probably pointless because you've already gone shopping.

Me... if circumstances were equal. I'd probably opt for the 360. But i've got different tastes I imagine, as while I'm a big fan of the classic menu based RPG the best FF i've played on the Playstation consoles so far has been 12... and 12 is about a 7 for me. (Well aside from Final Fantasy Tactics.) That and Mass Effect looks awesome.

Of course all things as they are, i'm likely to buy a PS3. Since i'll be moving in with someone with a 360.

I have a 360 and a PS3- and both are great for different reasons.
My 360 did just fail on me- but overall its a good system.

Whichever system you buy, dont let it completely focus your fanboyism on that one system.
Always want all 3 consoles, as they all have something to offer.

Either way- let us know which you end up buying.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

A 80GB PS3 seems like the obvious choice for you.

1. You clearly have more of an interest in the PS3 game selection. (Listing 4 games to three)

2. Assassins Creed will be on the PS3. (A game you seem to be hugely hyped over)

3. You can play all the PS2 games you listed on it.

4. Your a MGS fan.

It's not rocket science.

wrong my friend... maybe looks better.. and there´s no memory problems in 360 version...