By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to buy an 80gig ps3 of a 20 gig 360

I would purchase a 360 as the games you want for it will largely come out long before the games you want for a PS3. Come final fantasy time i'll be picking myself up a $250 PS3 and playing.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

If you really are a big MGS fan, then you'll want MGS4 and MGO.

Id reccomend waiting, but if this is an Christmas. Due to your wanting of PS3, get it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

carlosjrix said:
wrong my friend... maybe looks better.. and there´s no memory problems in 360 version...

Please explain "no memory problems in 360 version" as you used it , and in what context.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
carlosjrix said:
wrong my friend... maybe looks better.. and there´s no memory problems in 360 version...

Please explain "no memory problems in 360 version" as you used it , and in what context.

I'm pretty sure he's just talking about previous problems they had with the PS3 not having enough memory.  Those have been fixed though... I think.  I may be wrong though.  Something about Memory Density and the way the Ram is set up being a problem.

Not sure if the PS3 version has the same Crowd AI though or if they stuck it with the lesser Crowd AI as was originally panned.  It was something they mentioned at the same time they said they were having trouble putting AC on a DVD.

leo-j said:
The 80gb can play all those games :D

Also, Castlevania synphony of the night is up for download and you can play it on the psp as well.

I suspect that AC might be slightly better graphicly than the 360 version the reason for this is so that the game can fit on the dvd they compressed, hurting the textures.

But Assasins creed should be the same on both systems.

First off ill start with leo

Really now, show me a link saying compression hurts textures? Second i could show you a link where it says the AI in 360 is better and they had memory problems with the ps3 version

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Leo, I went to Kmart to check and use that 20% off coupon and they had no ps3, or 360 (and of course no wii) but they had gotten shipment tonight so tomorrow I will head in to get it when I pick up Galaxy.

Still undecided which too get but the AC reviews should be coming any minute

我是广州人

leo-j said:
I say ps3, W29 was happy with his purchase(old 360 owner).

And W29 has been voicing how bored he is with lack of games.

Also he got a used one, what does that tell you about its previous owner before w29?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

tombi123 said:
If you are a huge MGS fan than the playstation 3 is the obvious choice. lets face it 360 is not getting MGS4 and it cant play MGS-MGS 3.

You named three 360 games, one which is coming out in the coming weeks, one which is coming out in 2009?, and NG2 is coming out in about 8 months, although there is always NGS on the PS3 which will likely be very similar.

You named four PS3 games, MGS 4, which is exclusive to PS3 is coming out mid 2008, FFXIII 2009?, WKS which is early to mid 2008 which looks absolutely awsome and is a day one purchase for me, LBP is coming in Jan I think and is completely different game to all the others listed.

AC will be pretty much identical on either system.
I would recommend you the PS3 because there are more games that you want on the PS3, online is free, so over 5 or 6 years works out cheaper, it is way more reliable and LBP will be the ultimate gaming experience!

First its coming out in a week, not weeks, second Too human is coming out early next year, i dont know about your 2009 deal.

The free online leads to consequences, you get what you pay for.

Dallinor said:
A 80GB PS3 seems like the obvious choice for you.

1. You clearly have more of an interest in the PS3 game selection. (Listing 4 games to three)

2. Assassins Creed will be on the PS3. (A game you seem to be hugely hyped over)

3. You can play all the PS2 games you listed on it.

4. Your a MGS fan.

It's not rocket science.

Possibly, but most of those games are coming out in almost half a year away, thats a huge amount of wait time, if he were to get a ps3, i would suggest wait till MGS4 comes out, because good chance of ANOTHER price cut by then

rocketpig said:
I would go for the 360 because:
1) $150 cheaper
2) The PS3 games you listed are far off on the horizon and there will likely be another price cut before they release
3) The 360 has many other games available right now that are worth playing, no matter what genre you enjoy (excepting platformers)

You seem to like JRPGs... You'll want to look into 360 games like Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Lost Odyssey. The first two are released while Lost Odyssey is less than two months away. Next year, you'll also see Infinite Undiscovery (name... hurts... brain...) and The Last Remnant.

This is why i would go for 360, if you are a jrpg fan, 360 has quite a few great ones coming out, and existing ones.

But if you really do love MGS4, or really do prefer the upcoming games to ps3 more, then i would go Ps3, but I would hold out on any purchase until spring, in case of yet another price cut, and you wont have to wait for your games.