By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to buy an 80gig ps3 of a 20 gig 360

@leo-j:

While 95% of the games may play, many still have issues. Metal Gear Solid 3, for example, sounds like it has significant issues on the 80GB hardware. This may be important to the author of the OP.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Yep, just checked it. The 60gb is fine though.

mM

You might want the 360 cause all the games you want for the PS3 are coming out in like 6 months and longer and Mass Effect comes out next week. Also.....where are all the Assassins Creed reviews, I really havent seen that many and it comes out tomorrow. Wait on those as well. It will probably run better on 360 because Ubisoft has always seemed to favor XBOX over PS, but I would wait on reviews. Generally Multiplatform games run the same on both HD consoles.

Of course if you plan on only getting one I would sit on the sidelines for a while while the next few months unfold. Things could go really good or really bad for both of those systems in the near future.

Right now the 360 pack with the 2 games is pretty good for $350, so get that if you want games. PS3 has Blu Ray so if you are into HD movies get that.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I say ps3, W29 was happy with his purchase(old 360 owner).

mM

leo-j:

Actually, W29 seemed to change his mind rather quickly and appears to be looking for justification for his purchase after having it for only a little while. Based on the games the author of the thread is interested in, the 360 is probably the better choice right now as all of the PS3 software listed is a fair way off.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

I mostly just want AC (maybe even more so then Super Mario Galaxy)

But I am a huuuuge Metal Gear fan but people have been saying MGS4 is coming to the 360 so I am not sure but I cant seem to find any sites that say that it is comign for sure.

I am going to leave here in about 40 minutes to go shopping and see what I can find.

Edit: basically I want a 360 or ps3 so I can play AC :D

System Seller! 

我是广州人

Assassains Creed was supposed to have better crowd AI on the 360. Though that was a while ago so they may have fixed the PS3 version.

leo-j said:
@twesterm

You hate sony.

Even if I did that wouldn't affect how I feel about the game selection.

Get a ps3. i think AC will be better on ps3 because it was supose to be ps3 exculsive.

Resistance owns!!!!!111 one!

I would go for the 360 because:
1) $150 cheaper
2) The PS3 games you listed are far off on the horizon and there will likely be another price cut before they release
3) The 360 has many other games available right now that are worth playing, no matter what genre you enjoy (excepting platformers)

You seem to like JRPGs... You'll want to look into 360 games like Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and Lost Odyssey. The first two are released while Lost Odyssey is less than two months away. Next year, you'll also see Infinite Undiscovery (name... hurts... brain...) and The Last Remnant.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/