By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to buy an 80gig ps3 of a 20 gig 360

I have a few questions that if possible I would like answered before I buy one of the consoles.

Playstation 3 Questions... 

Can the 80 gig play these games....

FFVII - FFXII and tactics?

MGS - MGS3 substances

SOTC

All Castlevania games. 

Is SOTN up for download?

360 Premium Questions...

Can these xbox games be played on the 360? 

Metal Gear Solid 2

Panzar Dragoon Orta

Ninja Gaiden Black 

Castlevania: CoD 

Now these are the games that I am interested in for the ps3 and 360...

Assassins Creed (which version will be the best?) If there is a big difference in which version of AC is better that will probably affect which system I will buy.

PS3 Games 

Metal Gear Solid 4

Final Fantasy XIII

White Knight Story

That really weird looking kiddy game by Sony that all the Sony people are hyped for, you know which one I am talking about looks really cool but really kidish. 

360 Games

Mass Effect

Too Human

Ninja Gaiden 2 

我是广州人

Around the Network

The 80gb can play all those games :D

Also, Castlevania synphony of the night is up for download and you can play it on the psp as well.

I suspect that AC might be slightly better graphicly than the 360 version the reason for this is so that the game can fit on the dvd they compressed, hurting the textures.

But Assasins creed should be the same on both systems.

mM

and the ps3 game u said r u talking about LittleBigPlanet?

LBP plays exatcly like super mario world. They have a demo at gamestop. But its a level they made.

mM

Yeah it is little big planet. Game looks really good. Will Sony keep updating the 80 gig so it can eventually play all games?

And does it upscale games to 720p and 1080i and p? 

我是广州人

Around the Network
leo-j said:
LBP plays exatcly like super mario world. They have a demo at gamestop. But its a level they made.

wow i want this game even more now.......i just gotta get a ps3 b4 i get the game

There's a list somewhere of the games that can be played on the 360 (just google 360 backwards compatibility) and Symphony of the Night is on Xbox market place.

Personally, I would go with the 360.

@Ashadelo:

Sony's current line is that they will not be expending any more resources on backward compatibility. This, of course, may change in the future.

It will upscale the games to display at higher resolutions, though the effect is not as significant as you may imagine.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Xbox360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

PS3:

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

What for since 1.80 the ps3 plays 95% of ps2 games and every single ps1 game.
The ps3 upscales trough HDMI all dvd's including ps2 games and ps1 games to 1080p as well.

If your getting a 80gb get a new one. (its better than used)

@twesterm

You hate sony.

mM