By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor Sonicthehedgehog4.com Registered to Sega!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Xxain said:
Lastgengamer said:
I am really hoping for a retro revival like Mega Man 9.

No... I would be seriously disappointed

No, this would be really awesome.

16 bit graphics, Gensis chiptune music, themed zones...OMG!

After Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4, all that's left is Donkey Kong Country 4, and then the four greatest platforming giants will be back at the same time for ultimate platforming glory, taking back their rightful place as the greatest genre of gaming.

This is my dream.

The only problem I would see with DKC4 would be the absence of Rare, although Nintendo does know how to make platformers...

Around the Network
amp316 said:
As much as I like the idea of Sonic having a return to his 2D roots I really don't like the idea of the game being called Sonic the Hedgehog 4. I mean come on... This is not the 4th Sonic game. There have been many, many, many more than that.

Hey it worked for Contra 4.  It's a direct sequel to Contra 3, both in gameplay and story, and it was beautiful.  (Then they screwed that up by making "Contra ReBirth" instead of Contra 5, but luckily that game was also awesome.)

amp316 said:
As much as I like the idea of Sonic having a return to his 2D roots I really don't like the idea of the game being called Sonic the Hedgehog 4. I mean come on... This is not the 4th Sonic game. There have been many, many, many more than that.

Well, I'm glad it's being called "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" now people can stop calling Sonic & Knuckles Sonic 4, because it's not, and it never was...  Wouldn't it be cool if they did something like re-released it on a few carts that would work in a Genesis console?  I'd like that.  Anyway, it doesn't matter if there were 217 Sonic games after Sonic 3.  None of the games after that could even be considered true sequels...

I just want to see time travel come back... like they tried to do with Sonic 2, and now, in 2010, there's no reason for them to cut 8 stages from the game like they did with Sonic 2, and ALMOST did with Sonic 3, but, that's where Sonic & Knucles came in.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Xxain said:
Lastgengamer said:
I am really hoping for a retro revival like Mega Man 9.

No... I would be seriously disappointed

No, this would be really awesome.

16 bit graphics, Gensis chiptune music, themed zones...OMG!

After Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4, all that's left is Donkey Kong Country 4, and then the four greatest platforming giants will be back at the same time for ultimate platforming glory, taking back their rightful place as the greatest genre of gaming.

This is my dream.

Its the 3 platforming Kings

Huh? platform?

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Huh? platform?

XBLA/PSN only is the rumor.  Which would be about the dumbest thing Sega could do... so knowing Sega, it's probably true. :/

jarrod said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Huh? platform?

XBLA/PSN only is the rumor.  Which would be about the dumbest thing Sega could do... so knowing Sega, it's probably true. :/

Why would they be dumb?

Xxain said:
jarrod said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Huh? platform?

Why would they be dumb?

Where do 2D platformers sell best?  Where do Sonic games sell best?  Where to retro revivals sell best?  Which console isn't getting Sonic 4?   It's all the same answer... 

jarrod said:
Xxain said:
jarrod said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Huh? platform?

Why would they be dumb?

Where do 2D platformers sell best?  Where do Sonic games sell best?  Where to retro revivals sell best?  Which console isn't getting Sonic 4?   It's all the same answer... 

I smell a riddle !

Is it the Vii ?

amp316 said:

I always viewed S&K as a continuation of Sonic 3 and the SA games are spinoff games.

Sonic 4 is going to be the first true mainline Sonic game since 1994.

I LOVE ICELAND!