By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor Sonicthehedgehog4.com Registered to Sega!

And We Can Prove a Sega Employee Helped Register It

About Sega not being able to keep a secret…

TSSZ News has independently verified and confirmed that the domain Sonicthehedgehog4.com has been registered within Sega–likely affirming Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will be the official title of Project Needlemouse.

The most damning evidence of a Sega link is simply typing the domain name into your address bar.  Popping Sonicthehedgehog4.com in or otherwise linking to the domain offers a redirect to Sega’s front page.  For most, that would be enough to confirm a link–but it could also be an outside prank, done without Sega’s knowledge.  And as others in community forums have pointed out, domains such as Sonicthehedgehog5 all the way up to Sonicthehedgehog10 also point to Sega’s main website.

So, we decided to dig a little deeper.  This particular domain is a bit different.

A quick WHOIS lookup of Sonicthehedgehog4.com not only reveals the .net and .org equivalents haven’t been scooped up and that it was first registered January 21 of this year–but it also reveals a lot of personal details on who registered.

The WHOIS search–all public record, as of the time of this article’s publication–reveals a man by the name of Brandon Klein allegedly scooped up the domain, left an address based in San Francisco, and left a cell phone number based out of New York.  TSSZ News will not publish that phone number.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/30/first-tssz-sonicthehedgehog4-com-registered-to-sega/

Around the Network

This is exciting maybe Sega will return Sonic to the glory days.

Well this monday well know for sure.. Cant wait

If a random Bioware employee registered www.MassEffect2OnPS3.com would that confirm that Mass Effect 2 was on the PS3?

No, anybody can make a domain. Unless Brandom Klein is actually someone important (and assuming he isn't since the article doesn't attach a title to his name) it doesn't confirm anything really.

I am really hoping for a retro revival like Mega Man 9.

Around the Network
Lastgengamer said:

No... I would be seriously disappointed

Xxain said:
Lastgengamer said:

No, this would be really awesome.

16 bit graphics, Gensis chiptune music, themed zones...OMG!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Xxain said:
Lastgengamer said:

After Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4, all that's left is Donkey Kong Country 4, and then the four greatest platforming giants will be back at the same time for ultimate platforming glory, taking back their rightful place as the greatest genre of gaming.

This is my dream.

As much as I like the idea of Sonic having a return to his 2D roots I really don't like the idea of the game being called Sonic the Hedgehog 4. I mean come on... This is not the 4th Sonic game. There have been many, many, many more than that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The Ghost of RubangB said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Xxain said:
Lastgengamer said:

After Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Sonic the Hedgehog 4, all that's left is Donkey Kong Country 4, and then the four greatest platforming giants will be back at the same time for ultimate platforming glory, taking back their rightful place as the greatest genre of gaming.

This is my dream.

If your dream doesn't happen I right think you should blame wiifit....

Gaming make me feel GOOD!