By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo are the Masters at the Videogame Market!

Sephiroth357 said:
trangentspree said:
Sephiroth357 said:
BladeOfGod said:
" There is absoluely nothing either of the others can counter after todays bombshells''

this part made me LMAO.

I'll second this.

I'm not going to cry...

Don't let them see your tears. You're too strong for that.

Around the Network

2010 is going to be one hell of a year.

starcraft and Zelda in the same year. Just like the previous best year of gaming^^
+ Metroid + Mario Galaxy + the FF clone and the xeno game + Project needlemouse + HALO:REACH

So many games that I care about (except the xeno game) in the same year. It looks like I will actually have to start spending money on games again :D

I LOVE ICELAND!

I know that since before the announcement! ^_^

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

If the wii can only muster to sell 1st party titles and the ps3 & 360 sell great 1st party & awesome 3rd party titles, how is it that nintendo is the master of sales ? last time i checked , the only good wii game worth playing was nsmb...BEYONETTA/ MW2/ AC2/ DARKSIDERS/ BORDERLANDS/ M.A.G./ DARK VOID/ MASS EFFECT2/ and others....god bless the NEXT GEN consoles....

Soriku said:
EL_PATRAS said:
all this excitement because some jrpg that we know nothing about (except for its unoriginal title) got announced? We'll have MG 2 and other M, which are gonna be awesome, but dont get youyr hopes up for the other stuff. Third party content tends to fail, even though they're promising projects, and the jrpg's coming out this gen haven't really been all that awe inspiring.

The only one that's from a third party is The Last Story...and Nintendo is helping out with it which means it can't be classified like other third party offerings.

but alas, a jrpg it is.  I think were getting terribly over excited, and when dissapoinment rears it's ugly face (which experience tells me it will)  there will be a terrible backlash against nintendo, like last year, which was a pain in the ass.  If we stop hyping stuff out of or minds and soiling our pants over a website with a song and a title, the games will probably be better recieved, and we probably won't be as disapointed if they fail. 

But nobody's gonna listen to me anyway, so what difference does it make :)

Around the Network
trangentspree said:
Sephiroth357 said:
trangentspree said:
Sephiroth357 said:
BladeOfGod said:
" There is absoluely nothing either of the others can counter after todays bombshells''

this part made me LMAO.

I'll second this.

I'm not going to cry...

Don't let them see your tears. You're too strong for that.

You're getting extremely close to flaming, I suggest you just leave things be.

Soriku said:
EL_PATRAS said:
Soriku said:
EL_PATRAS said:
all this excitement because some jrpg that we know nothing about (except for its unoriginal title) got announced? We'll have MG 2 and other M, which are gonna be awesome, but dont get youyr hopes up for the other stuff. Third party content tends to fail, even though they're promising projects, and the jrpg's coming out this gen haven't really been all that awe inspiring.

The only one that's from a third party is The Last Story...and Nintendo is helping out with it which means it can't be classified like other third party offerings.

but alas, a jrpg it is.  I think were getting terribly over excited, and when dissapoinment rears it's ugly face (which experience tells me it will)  there will be a terrible backlash against nintendo, like last year, which was a pain in the ass.  If we stop hyping stuff out of or minds and soiling our pants over a website with a song and a title, the games will probably be better recieved, and we probably won't be as disapointed if they fail. 

But nobody's gonna listen to me anyway, so what difference does it make :)

They're JRPGs from Nintendo and from 2 industry legends...it means we can't expect something crappy. Disappointment is slim especially when Iwata said the Wii needs better support in Japan.

I think the problem here is that you don't like JRPGs so you're skeptical.

They've made two games with the backing of Microsoft's money, both turned out good but not great. I just wouldn't expect anything mindblowing.

you are quick to point the accusing finger. I enjoy jrpg's. They aren't my favorite kind of game, i must admit, but chrono trigger and other snes jrpg's as well as the FF series are amongst my favorite games of all time. I know you are a fierce defender of all jrpgesque, but if you read my posts you see they're not what i'm trying to attack. I am simply pointing out the fact that we are getting worked up about a webpage goddamn it. A webpage and a bunch of promises.

You have too much hope riding on this game and please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the jrpg's for the wii this gen haven't been exactly stelar. And the fact that nintendo is working with them certainly is no guarantee that this game will be good, and if you are willing to argue that point, then I cannot believe that you're thinking straight. Too much hype will be the death of this game.

^^ sorry for double post, i forgot to quote soriku :S how embarassing

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=99482&page=2

locked.