By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Mistwalker developed The Last Story!

Soriku said:

Info about possible gameplay from duckroll on GAF:

"Sakaguchi has been talking about the game on and off on his blog for almost 2 years now. If he's been talking about the same game, then it is likely real time instead of turn based, and it will feature a lot of seamless stuff both in narrative (cutscenes and events happening while the player is still in control) as well as in battles and exploration. He also mentions how he wants to clearly define chaos and order on a battlefield, and to allow the player to control the action in a strategic and logical way even when the battles look chaotic or large scale.

It'll be interesting to see how much of his text translates well into actual gameplay and visuals."

That's the sort of thing I like to hear.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Soriku said:

"Sakaguchi has been talking about the game on and off on his blog for almost 2 years now. If he's been talking about the same game, then it is likely real time instead of turn based, and it will feature a lot of seamless stuff both in narrative (cutscenes and events happening while the player is still in control) as well as in battles and exploration. He also mentions how he wants to clearly define chaos and order on a battlefield, and to allow the player to control the action in a strategic and logical way even when the battles look chaotic or large scale.

It'll be interesting to see how much of his text translates well into actual gameplay and visuals."

That's the sort of thing I like to hear.

Ditto. Blurring the line between narrative and gameplay is great if the player retains a sense of agency.

Soriku said:

Thinking about this again, isn't that the kind of thing you'd say about a real time strategy rather than a jRPG?

Or perhaps a first person or third person RTS/RPG. That wouldn't need to be as complicated as it sounds, all it would involve would be pointing at your party members with the Wii remote and giving them orders (such as attack this enemy I'm pointing at).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Great... now I can be jealous of the xbox360- AND the wii-crowd! X_X
It seems - considering my JRPG addiction - my console choice this gen wasn't to wise afterall. (meh... still love my PS3)
I'm really annoyed with the overall lack of JRPGs this gen.

Well... good for you guys I guess! :) Love the music on the site and even though nothing is known about this game, it already grabbed my interest more than pretty much any JRPG on the PS3. (except for FFXIII maybe, but I'm not sure I'm gonna get it right away - after FFX-2 and FFXII, I really don't want to waste another 60€ on one of SE's experiments)

Sakaguchi
like surfing

A lot of time in surfing is spent waiting for waves. Straddling the board, looking at the open sea. Even as a good one comes, the surfer close to the crest rides the wave, and I resolve not to interfere. Much time being unable to ride goes on... but I'm sure my own wave will come. Then onlookers watch as I say, "This is my wave." I take off... and stand up on the board.

In the moment the spreading wave brakes, I slide, ascend again, then plummet downwards. In my body and spirit, a wonderful feeling grows. It is certainly "my own wave."

Creativity and business are the same. That's right, your own wave is on its way. Having rhythm is important, and you have may have the need to wait. Then, when the time comes, you need to be in the right mindset. The stored-up strength, let it out in that moment, and spring out... Success is unexpected and gradual, progressive, and refined. Recently, I've realized that's how I want things to be.

- these words are from Sakaguchi himself

Around the Network
Imphamis said:
I wonder if the entire soundtrack is as beautiful as the track on the website.

I'm already sold by that music.

If there's a special edition coming out with the soundtrack is the one I'm buying.

Excellent. THis And Xeno is Making me keep my Wii

This game and Xenoblade are scheduled for this spring so ... Any words about a Media presentation for these games in Japan??

You will keep playing during the cut scene cuz you will be using the VS ...^~

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

The Anarchyz said:
The game should be good, let's see what happens...

On a side comment, i'm really tired of some RPG names, most of them are like: Infinite, The Last, Final, Ultima (Last in spanish), End, Fate, etc.

Well I guess I'll have to scuttle my plans for a new RPG. I was going to call it Final End of The Last Fate: Ultima's Infinite Tale