By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band for Wii

When I first ever heard about Rock Band I actually thought this game was *Built* for the Wii.

Boy was I wrong, what a bunch of idiots I thought to myself.

But, after reading this from Harmonix themselves (old);

Absolutely, we will at some time bring Rock Band to every console of significance and in doing so we will customize and tailor the play experience to take into account the weakness of the console and the strengths of the consoles," he said. "I think (the Wii) is something that holds enormous potential for music games

After the sales of GH III being as good as they were on the Wii (Leaving PS2 and PS3 in the dust) it would only make sense for Harmonix to cash in on Rock Band for the Wii, the use of the Wii remote would be amazing and would be sure to attact a lot of interest.

I don't know why Harmonix left out the Wii in the first place but I'm sure someone can fill me in.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

I always had the impression they would come back and do a Wii version myself. Interesting that they actually somewhat confirmed it...well confirmed they're interested.

There is definitely a lot of potential with the Wii but they are going to have to develop a version specifically for the Wii, maybe not redoing everything but adding a new feature set around the Wii is the bare minimum imo.

Either way I am still not going to be interested in the game but I will be amused by the folks who weren't interested before that all of a sudden become interested now that its on their console lol.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I have been following Rock Band coverage like a hawk - and the main reason why I see EA holding on releasing Rock Band on the Wii has to be the price point. Seriously, on the PS2, Rock Band is the most expensive game out. For the PS3, it's the most expensive - but on the 360, there are a few games that can compete with the price (Ace Combat 6, GHIII) so it makes more sense in the short term.

Trust me, EA is watching all of this - to see how GHIII does - and will likely do a Wii version if GHIII is a runaway success. But it's a huge gamble for EA right now ...

Nobody saw Wii being as successful as it is and most developers thought Wii was a crazy idea. Nobody wanted to make games for the console and now they all want to create games for profit.

To quote Mike Jones, "Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, Dem hoes all on me." ect. ect.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Nobody saw Wii being as successful as it is and most developers thought Wii was a crazy idea. Nobody wanted to make games for the console and now they all want to create games for profit.

To quote Mike Jones, "Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, Dem hoes all on me." ect. ect.

That's right.

Wii is indeed the Mike Jones of the videogame world.

Wii-shahouse Records.

WHO?

Wii, Homes!

WHO?

Wii, Homes!

WHO?

Wii, Homes!

(hey it's the best I could do to pun it) 

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

Not sure you can sell a game that costs more than the console itself. :P

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

btw, did you ear about GHIII wii bug? i saw on digg that it was mono only... quite lame for a music game. hope they can fix it. anyone had this issue?

maybe when they release rock band for wii it will have some of the songs that downloadable on the other versions included.

There isn't a bug in my copy of GH3 on Wii. I rock the world in Dolby Pro Logic II surround. It is amazing.

Snesboy

Wait, how did the Wii version of GH3 leave the PS2's version in the dust? Beating one version by less than 20k in the first week is not exactly leaving anything in the dust, but still...

I think they'll bring Rock Band 2 to the Wii if the original is successful, much like Guitar Hero.