By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band for Wii

The nature of the Wiimotes may change the way the hardware works. Do you still need drums (or can you use 2 Wiimotes)? Can the DL content still work?

I expect it to launch sometime next year. GH3 is a good start anyway :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Wait, how did the Wii version of GH3 leave the PS2's version in the dust? Beating one version by less than 20k in the first week is not exactly leaving anything in the dust, but still...

I think they'll bring Rock Band 2 to the Wii if the original is successful, much like Guitar Hero.

Well when there's 40 Million PS2's in America Vs. under 6 million Wii's and Wii's version still outsells it, yes that's left in the dust, not to mention only just over 16 million of those 40 million PS2's have upgraded to next gen. It's also worth mentioning Wii's version had to include the Guitar bundle.

ArtofAngels said:

Well when there's 40 Million PS2's in America Vs. under 6 million Wii's and Wii's version still outsells it, yes that's left in the dust,

No, it is not.  You can pretend things, but that doesn't mean they are real.  Also, the PS3 version was not left in the dust by the Wii version.  I am not even sure I would say that the 360 version left the others in the dust (although I am likely in the minority and wrong here) because the 360 version is not sold out, unlike the Wii version everywhere I have checked (and the PS2 and PS3 most places). However, I agree with you completely.  It is true that PS2 owners only had to buy the game.  Another point, though, the PS2 already had 3 version of GH before GHIII came out.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

You can spin what ever you want to about the numbers, however, the fact still remains that the Wii Version still outsold the PS2 version by 20k, end of story.

shams said:
The nature of the Wiimotes may change the way the hardware works. Do you still need drums (or can you use 2 Wiimotes)? Can the DL content still work?

I expect it to launch sometime next year. GH3 is a good start anyway :)

Even if you could use the Wii Remotes as drumsticks, which I don't think is possible anyway, I wouldn't want to.  I want to bang on some drums.

If you have a Pro Logic II capable receiver, you just need to set it to music mode, and the game works fine. 

Around the Network
rasone77 said:
You can spin what ever you want to about the numbers, however, the fact still remains that the Wii Version still outsold the PS2 version by 20k, end of story.
 Exactly, I don't know why he is trying to spin the numbers. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Sqrl said:
I always had the impression they would come back and do a Wii version myself. Interesting that they actually somewhat confirmed it...well confirmed they're interested.

There is definitely a lot of potential with the Wii but they are going to have to develop a version specifically for the Wii, maybe not redoing everything but adding a new feature set around the Wii is the bare minimum imo.

Either way I am still not going to be interested in the game but I will be amused by the folks who weren't interested before that all of a sudden become interested now that its on their console lol.

and? why would I be interested in a game I can't get? Surely there's much more reason to be interested in a game I can buy rather than a game that I will never play because it's not on my console.

I have moreinterest in Rock Band than Guitar Hero since I am a drummer, so I really do hope they release a Wii version in the future. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

My interst in Rockband actually went from minimal to zero when i found out the GH3 guitar worked with it... mostly because I thought it used real instruments... or atleast ones that could be played like real instruments if not being instruments outside of being hooked up to the system.

The Guitar Hero genre is just one i don't understand. It's about the only Genre i don't understand too... cause heck i'll spend hours playing Aerobiz Supersonic living the breakneck never say die all out adventrue life of an Airline CEO.

Who's spinning numbers?

The reason the ps3 version boomed, is simple. Smallest install base.

mM