By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rock Band for Wii

OMG, the PS3 version bombed? Are you sure? Was it even released because I have never seen it in stores. The truth is- the damn company was unable to make enough game and enough extra guitars. Supply did not reach demand. GHIII was not in any way shape or form a bomb. I thought that SMG would be the best selling game of the season and GHIII would be the 2nd best. It looks like I was wrong, GHIII should be the best selling game of the holidays. This game is like Nintendo, it prints money.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

The Wii version of GH3 must be selling well. It's the only version sold out on Amazon.

leo-j said:
The reason the ps3 version boomed, is simple. Smallest install base.

And that's extremely important to developers.

If GH3 for Wii has legs and I think it will as in December it'll be the biggest seller out of the next gen console versions I reckon (if not supply constraint) then Rockband may be too late as surely many third parties have thought of wiimotes for drums and GH3 use in guitar etc.

I reckon wii market may just see a few other titles in the same genre on the wii depending on the success.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

gawalls said:
If GH3 for Wii has legs and I think it will as in December it'll be the biggest seller out of the next gen console versions I reckon (if not supply constraint) then Rockband may be too late as surely many third parties have thought of wiimotes for drums and GH3 use in guitar etc.

I reckon wii market may just see a few other titles in the same genre on the wii depending on the success.

wiimote for drums = crap

Rock Band looks awesome because it has an actual drum kit. I hope it has the option to just play around with the thing. I also hope there's a pack with just the drums.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:

wiimote for drums = crap

Just to add some support to this, Rayman for the Wii has a game where you use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as drumsticks, and it's simply not accurate enough as far as the timing goes.  Plus, it can only really tell if you're drumming or not, it can't tell "where" you're drumming, and it's not because it was programmed badly.  I don't think there is a good way to program accurate Wii Remote drumming controls.

I could understand a guitar, but drums...

They're really not that hard to play.

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
rasone77 said:
You can spin what ever you want to about the numbers, however, the fact still remains that the Wii Version still outsold the PS2 version by 20k, end of story.
 Exactly, I don't know why he is trying to spin the numbers. 

The spin is that the Wii dominated.  The Wii version did outstanding, as did the 360 version, PS2 version, and the PS3 version to an extent.  While the site shows Wii with a 20k magin, it is not a fact that the Wii outsold the PS2 version.  This site extrapolates a small number of stores.  Their typical goal is to be within 10% of NPD.  Take 10% off of the Wii total, add 10% to the PS2 total and you have have the PS2 version outselling the Wii version by 30k.  This site is good for a market analysis but should not be taken as fact ever.

MontanaHatchet said:
I could understand a guitar, but drums...

They're really not that hard to play.

O RLY? http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ZuwY_DREoQ

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MontanaHatchet said:
Wait, how did the Wii version of GH3 leave the PS2's version in the dust? Beating one version by less than 20k in the first week is not exactly leaving anything in the dust, but still...

I think they'll bring Rock Band 2 to the Wii if the original is successful, much like Guitar Hero.

The Wii version sold out, the PS2 version is still in stock.  The Wii version sold it's stock in the least amount of time compared to all of the other consoles. They really screwed up on the amount of Wii games and guitars.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.