By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Overrated Games Franchises Of All Time! Time Do You Agree?

no i would take off GTA, COD/MoH, and God Of War and replace them with something else like the Mario franchise those games to me deserve all there hype and over ratedness

Mario is so much better than most other franchises it might be fair to claim it as one of the most underated franchises even though it is already the top rated franchise.  A lot of them make sense though, especially Pokeman, GTA, COD and FF.  They are all overated franchises.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
cr00mz said:
BladeOfGod said:
God of War should GTFO the list. same with GTA, Pokemon and COD/MOH. AND WHRE THE HELL IS MARIO ??? yes, the series were the best back in 90s but TODAY game needs to have more content than just jumping & running and collecting coins. im not saying the series are bad, i like mario, but its vastly overrated IMO

huh?

ha!

FreeTalkLive said:

no i would take off GTA, COD/MoH, and God Of War and replace them with something else like the Mario franchise those games to me deserve all there hype and over ratedness

Mario is so much better than most other franchises it might be fair to claim it as one of the most underated franchises even though it is already the top rated franchise.  A lot of them make sense though, especially Pokeman, GTA, COD and FF.  They are all overated franchises.

Is that a fact?

FreeTalkLive said:

but if you don't like mario then it's overrated for that person yes?

Mario 64's my 5th favorite game. I find Some of them overrated and some of them underrated and different people will have different viewpoints. Some people might find all of them overrated. Some people (you) might find them underrated. Some people will have a combination.

lol, so the OP thinks Mario is an over-rated franchise?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

i agree with almost everything on that list other than god of war and final fantasy (a bit). One of the reasons god of war gets so much hype is because of the sheer epicness of the game. if you basing it on things that have already been done before you would end up with about 3 games :/ as for final fantasy its kind of a gamble to be honest lol. It will either be one of the both incredable games you have ever played or suck :P

totally agree with you

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

most of these games arent really overrated they just got milked by the developers

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

ishiki said:

but if you don't like mario then it's overrated for that person yes?

Mario 64's my 5th favorite game. I find Some of them overrated and some of them underrated and different people will have different viewpoints. Some people might find all of them overrated. Some people (you) might find them underrated. Some people will have a combination.

I remember when Super Mario Bros came out.  It was far better than other platform games at the time.  Same with Super mario Bros 3.  Same with Super Mario World.  Same with Mario 64.  Heck, Mario 64 was lightyears ahead of pretty much any 3D game when it came out.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 is currently the best 3D platformer around and the only thing that comes close is Super Mario Galaxy.  Even look at New Super Mario Bros, while I have issues with the game (the graphics could be better, it could have online, it could have something other than just random toads), it's still the most fun multiplayer platformer ever released.  The games on competing systems don't even come close.  This is the history of Mario.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

MDMAniac said:
Pretty good list, if they'd excluded Pockemon

Agreed.  If anything, Pokemon tends to get underrated by the games press, considering it's massive popularity and deceptive depth.

Don't agree with GTA being on there. GTA: San Andreas was a phenomenal game that did so many things right and very little wrong.