By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Overrated Games Franchises Of All Time! Time Do You Agree?

Final Fantasy: This one sits at the top of the list mostly because they are pretty solid games, but it’s got very little in the way of franchise continuity. Lately we’ve seen a couple spin-off games that brought in existing characters, but Dissidia was arguably the Smash Bros. of the FF series.

coffee franchise

Around the Network

Final Fantasy: This one sits at the top of the list mostly because they are pretty solid games, but it’s got very little in the way of franchise continuity. Lately we’ve seen a couple spin-off games that brought in existing characters, but Dissidia was arguably the Smash Bros. of the FF series.

coffee franchise

your list is completely wrong here are the top 10 overrated games off all time in no particular order

mario
halo
uncharted
zelda
gears of war
god of war
metal gear solid
gran turismo
mario kart
forza

Seems like a solid list to me with one caveat. In my opinion God of War has earned the respect it has been given. The story is cool without being convoluted, the art/graphics are top notch and ultimately the gameplay just clicks in a way most action games just can't duplicate. Many people gripe about the series claiming it's repetitive or mindless, my advice is to turn up the difficulty and look at the move list. I've noticed when I watch my buddies play they level up the blades and exit the menu really quick. This is a big mistake God of War is a lot more fun if you incoroporate more moves into your playstyle. I'll concede that DMC generally has the deeper combat system but there's a lot of nuance in God of War that goes unnoticed because cowardly gamers put it on easy and don't finish the game. People need to be bolder in their playstyles. And don't get me started on people who hate the character of Kratos... Sorry about the rant.

Perhaps it's just me... but... when have the Dragonball Z games ever been rated highly?

The best i've ever seen one reviews is? 'It's kinda fun for a while but unless you like DBZ you won't like it."

Also, I feel like people saying Mario games are overrated probably weren't gamers back during the NES-N64 eras.

Mario more or less the Platform Genre, then the 3D platform genre.

After both games came out, people were trying to copy the Mario games as close as possible.

Really if anything, i'd say a lot of those series are underrated, at least critically.

Around the Network

about Pokemon
"Choosing from a menu of actions in a more or less rock-paper-scissors combat format doesn’t display much innovation."

????????
hows turn based combat a rock-paper-scissor format?

my list

Elder scrolls
Killzone
GodW
GearsW
Halo
FIFA soccer
Fable
CoD
WoW
DQuest