By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Overrated Games Franchises Of All Time! Time Do You Agree?

I agree with everything bar Pokemon and God of War

Around the Network

I disagree with this list.

I agree to some extent with this list, but I'd put out one between FF and Pokemon and put in some mainstream WRPG. I mean, all the latest FFs got mixed reviews, how can they be overrated? About the same for Pokemon.

On the other hand, many mainstream WRPGs, although they sell less than FF or Pokemon, are way overrated. I like indie RPG the most, these days.

if it's popular, and gets rated highly... someone or many someones will think it's overrated.

for instance I think Final Fantasy is the best thing since sliced bread so I don't think it's overrated. However, I don't think people will necessarily share the same view so I completely understand how someone could think its overrated.

God of War is overrated...

*facepalm*...

Around the Network

i agree with almost everything on that list other than god of war and final fantasy (a bit). One of the reasons god of war gets so much hype is because of the sheer epicness of the game. if you basing it on things that have already been done before you would end up with about 3 games :/ as for final fantasy its kind of a gamble to be honest lol. It will either be one of the both incredable games you have ever played or suck :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Why was this necro-bumped?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I don't know about madden, but for the other I agree to all except for Resident Evil, I would also give a different order (but I know it's a very unpopular statement). My order is /Need For Speed/Guiter Hero/Halo/God Of War/Call Of Duty/Pokemon/GTA/Final Fantasy

Disagree with RE because it's really not that heavily praised these days, hence not "overrated" you look at what the term really means. I can also apply this to Dragonballz. Those games don't get nearly the attention as say God of War, let alone stuff like Halo, Pokemon and GTA.

While I think GTA should be up there, I don't fully agree with the reasoning in the OP.

GoW I completely disagree with and I wouldn't put it up there. Pokemon on the other hand, while I enjoy the series, I can't deny that I've pretty much been playing the same game again and again for the past 10 years when it comes to that series. If anything, I'd put Pokemon higher on that list.

BHR-3 said:

no i would take off GTA, COD/MoH, and God Of War and replace them with something else like the Mario franchise those games to me deserve all there hype and over ratedness

ROFLALAPMASTC!!...No.

OT: No. I don't think anyone likes to see their favorite franchises been called overrated. IMO

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile