By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: 2010 Best Year For 360, No Need For Blu-Ray

Funny that they mentioned all that other stuff and failed to include natal. Have they lost faith in it?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
raygun said:
Do this mental exercise: imagine that the 360 DID have blu-ray, since launch, and you've been enjoying watching your favorite movies in 1080p all this time, AND play your great games also. How cool would that be? Ask a PS3 owner....As for Reach being pronounced GOY already, have you played it? Has anyone played it, or reviewed it, or seen it? And have you seen/played/reviewed all the other games launching this year? Your just confident because...you just want it to be, period.

The 360 launch would have been delayed like the PS3's, we'd have less games, would have had to pay more, and except for a couple of games it wouldn't have made a difference.  Does that sound like it's worth it to you?

iLLmaticV3 said:
Garnett said:
AWWW SNAP MS DONE WENT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony better make a diss back to them! Call it God of War 300 bars (LOL)

You must really like The Game? @_@

GGGGGG- Gamesudont GOT!

"You gonna need more than Xbox live to play this game 
M$ hating on me cause I'm doin my own thang 
I aint Infinity Ward, bitch. I dont share your brain 
I was in the fast lane before the Console thang"

Indeed. lol

2010 is an amazing year in gaming for the 360.

This generation....they don't need blu-ray, but they may want it next gen. We shall see.

what is microsoft thinking. Everyone needs bluray to experience Avatar at home ;)...

But seriously. I bet the one thing that sony will have that microsoft won't have this coming holiday season is 3D bluray and there may be some games coming out that will capitalize on that. Sony has already said every ps3 will be 3d compatible.

Bluray can also fit more information on it which means they are cheaper to make. 1 bluray is cheaper than two dvds (mass effect 2 :P)

Currently Playing: God of War Collection

2010 Anticipations PS3: MAG, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian

2010 Anticipations 360: Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, alan wake, halo reach, fable III, fallout: new vegas

2010 Anticipations Wii: zelda

Around the Network

lol @ bluray not being necessary for games.... Lol, it may not be at this moment, but, Sony thought ahead, and gave people room... even though they're not yet taking advantage of all the memory. Multi-plats probably are all somewhere around 15 GB, and MGS4 is the only game I know of to even go that length...

It's always funny seeing people knock on something better (even if it's not yet needed) because they don't use it... So, they try to cover it up by saying it's not necessary... I wanna see a game that pushes the 67GB discs.... Guess I'll be waiting for Uncharted 3.

I suppose if a game gets too big for DVD, they can always make it download only..

All of those games are M rated aren't they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Garnett said:
AWWW SNAP MS DONE WENT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony better make a diss back to them! Call it God of War 300 bars (LOL)

They will ! They'll call it Ether Pt 2 !

OT : Halo will definetly be big, but my money is on Last Guardian for GOTY.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

revovichfan12 said:
what is microsoft thinking. Everyone needs bluray to experience Avatar at home ;)...

But seriously. I bet the one thing that sony will have that microsoft won't have this coming holiday season is 3D bluray and there may be some games coming out that will capitalize on that. Sony has already said every ps3 will be 3d compatible.

Bluray can also fit more information on it which means they are cheaper to make. 1 bluray is cheaper than two dvds (mass effect 2 :P)

source?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Its obviously not a necessity, but c'mon, its god damn 2010. Even if you get all happy down your pants about switching discs, anyone would rather want it on one disc if they had the choice between the two. Same game on one disc insted of two/three/four.

But i dont think that's what MS is refering to with that statement. Its more like they dont feel that it would gain them anything atm.

And yes, 2010 looks good for gamers.