By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: 2010 Best Year For 360, No Need For Blu-Ray

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lurker said:
No need for blu-ray yet Mass Effect 2 makes you swap discs 3 times. Ok.

Swapping discs 3 times just means the game is longer and has more stuff. Be happy. I never complained in Lost Odyssey and the 360 owners who get FFXIII wont be complaining either.

which also means cant fit in one dvd disk so there is a necessity for blu-ray. the days of disk swapping died last generation as well as the need for more than 2 disks. when was the last time we saw a game that needed 3 disks? sh*t the last console to need that was dreamcast. when i play a game the only time i disk swap is to change to a completely new game other then that i usaully keep a game in my ps3 till i finish it completely without the need of disk swaps

Around the Network
rynx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lurker said:

Swapping discs 3 times just means the game is longer and has more stuff. Be happy. I never complained in Lost Odyssey and the 360 owners who get FFXIII wont be complaining either.

which also means cant fit in one dvd disk so there is a necessity for blu-ray. the days of disk swapping died last generation as well as the need for more than 2 disks. when was the last time we saw a game that needed 3 disks? sh*t the last console to need that was dreamcast. when i play a game the only time i disk swap is to change to a completely new game other then that i usaully keep a game in my ps3 till i finish it completely without the need of disk swaps

The days of discs will die this generation with Steam, D2Drive, and other digital download services so who cares.

Miguel_Zorro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Halo Reach won't be the biggest game of the year, I'm getting bored of them saying that, though they do have a decent line-up of games coming this year

LOL I'd hate to see your face at the end of the year when Halo Reach wins GOTY.

I'm not sure if it will win GOTY, but it'll probably be #1 in sales. 

Actually, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be #1 in sales.  But Reach can fight it out with Call of Duty: Vietnam for #2.

When Halo 3 came out, it sold 6.8m by the end of that year. This year MW 2 managed 15m (+ PC), Wii Fit Plus 9m and FIFA 10 probably sold around 6m if you add up all the consoles (5m for PS360)

It also won't be game of the year, I am fairly certain of that, FPSs barely ever win GotY

Lurker said:

They make up for it with the games you don't have to swap a disc in to play.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Munkeh111 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Halo Reach won't be the biggest game of the year, I'm getting bored of them saying that, though they do have a decent line-up of games coming this year

LOL I'd hate to see your face at the end of the year when Halo Reach wins GOTY.

I'm not sure if it will win GOTY, but it'll probably be #1 in sales. 

Actually, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be #1 in sales.  But Reach can fight it out with Call of Duty: Vietnam for #2.

When Halo 3 came out, it sold 6.8m by the end of that year. This year MW 2 managed 15m (+ PC), Wii Fit Plus 9m and FIFA 10 probably sold around 6m if you add up all the consoles (5m for PS360)

It also won't be game of the year, I am fairly certain of that, FPSs barely ever win GotY

MW2 managed to get 15 M with nearly every console + PC at its disposal. Halo 3 is nearing 10 M and it only had the 360.

Around the Network

Blu-ray for games isn't necessary - this may be true as you don't NEED blu-ray to play games, but it is a hell of a lot easier on dev's and gamers! Final Fantasy XIII says hi being on 4 dvd's on 360 and one Blu-ray on PS3

Agamemnon862 said:

Spending 5 seconds swapping disks is better than waiting 3-5 minutes to install parts of the game (like in MGS4).

Can you name me one other game that has more than one install?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Lurker said:

Man its 3 discs I thought it was 2...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

gamefreak4ever said:
Lurker said:

Man its 3 discs I thought it was 2...

You have to swap back to disc 1 after disc 2 for some odd reason.

What else would a MS employee say? Please.

Any company would bigup themselves even though MS take it to the next level.

I suppose having the no.1 OS in the world helps so fair play.

As for Blu-Ray I agree it is not needed.

What is stupid is when people say that it makes no difference.
If it makes no differenence should MS not keep DVD only on the next (x720).

No, there will be a bigger capacity disc format on the next xbox because having larger storage media makes a difference, if swapping disc was so cool like some of you make out, why the hell did MS not use only CDs?

I will swap dics on some x360 games not because I like to do it but because I don't have a bloody choice.