By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: 2010 Best Year For 360, No Need For Blu-Ray

no need for blu-ray ay? sssuuureeeee thing microsoft....sure thing...

i wounder if Halo Reach will be biggest, they keep saying it and as far as i know Halo has never sold like Gran Turismo BUT another game will come out this christmas that will batter GT5 and Halo Reach....COD7

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Halo Reach won't be the biggest game of the year, I'm getting bored of them saying that, though they do have a decent line-up of games coming this year

LOL I'd hate to see your face at the end of the year when Halo Reach wins GOTY.

I'm not sure if it will win GOTY, but it'll probably be #1 in sales. 

Actually, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be #1 in sales.  But Reach can fight it out with Call of Duty: Vietnam for #2.

When Halo 3 came out, it sold 6.8m by the end of that year. This year MW 2 managed 15m (+ PC), Wii Fit Plus 9m and FIFA 10 probably sold around 6m if you add up all the consoles (5m for PS360)

It also won't be game of the year, I am fairly certain of that, FPSs barely ever win GotY

MW2 managed to get 15 M with nearly every console + PC at its disposal. Halo 3 is nearing 10 M and it only had the 360.

And? I am not saying that its sales aren't impressive, but there are bigger selling games released.

@gamefreak4ever, no, there are only 2 discs, but it is done in a weird way, you have to change shortly after the start and then near the end again

PlaystaionGamer said:

i wounder if Halo Reach will be biggest, they keep saying it and as far as i know Halo has never sold like Gran Turismo BUT another game will come out this christmas that will batter GT5 and Halo Reach....COD7

so far there is one GT game that sold more than Halo 3 and that is GT 3.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

well, thats fine...BUT

Halo Reach & GT5 wont be able to withstand COD7 

i dont know why MS keep saying it will be biggest game this year, it will be BIG but not biggest 

In the end! Who gives a damn as long as the games come out right:P?

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Munkeh111 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Halo Reach won't be the biggest game of the year, I'm getting bored of them saying that, though they do have a decent line-up of games coming this year

LOL I'd hate to see your face at the end of the year when Halo Reach wins GOTY.

I'm not sure if it will win GOTY, but it'll probably be #1 in sales. 

Actually, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be #1 in sales.  But Reach can fight it out with Call of Duty: Vietnam for #2.

When Halo 3 came out, it sold 6.8m by the end of that year. This year MW 2 managed 15m (+ PC), Wii Fit Plus 9m and FIFA 10 probably sold around 6m if you add up all the consoles (5m for PS360)

It also won't be game of the year, I am fairly certain of that, FPSs barely ever win GotY

I was going on single console sales, but yup.

Actually, it's funny that you mention Wii Fit Plus.  I forgot about that one.  It will probably sell 15 million this year, too. :)

I only found out when I looked at the charts. I though initially it wasn't doing that well

PlaystaionGamer said:
DirtyP2002 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

well, thats fine...BUT

i dont know why MS keep saying it will be biggest game this year, it will be BIG but not biggest 

Well WAW wasn't as big as COD4 and considering the Treyarch games usually aren't as good as the Infinity Ward games and the fact that this is going to get Halo 3 levels of hype (and will hopefully be as good if not better) then I wouldn't rule out Halo Reach selling more than Halo 3 did and COD7 will before the end of the year especially now the 360 userbase is now significantly larger than when Halo 3 launched.

Do this mental exercise: imagine that the 360 DID have blu-ray, since launch, and you've been enjoying watching your favorite movies in 1080p all this time, AND play your great games also. How cool would that be? Ask a PS3 owner....As for Reach being pronounced GOY already, have you played it? Has anyone played it, or reviewed it, or seen it? And have you seen/played/reviewed all the other games launching this year? Your just confident because...you just want it to be, period.

PlaystaionGamer said:

http://stripesonfire.com/nsc/

I count 12 titles which use the full 6.8GB or multiple discs. Thats over 300 titles so, under 4% could make use of marginally more space?

I also doubt that a Treyarch Call of Duty will batter Halo: Reach, its more likely the other way around. On the Xbox 360, Halo is still the bigger title so if it lives up to the legacy of what Bungie can do then its Treyarch which should be concerned.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

DarthRat said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
DirtyP2002 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

well, thats fine...BUT

Well WAW wasn't as big as COD4 and considering the Treyarch games usually aren't as good as the Infinity Ward games and the fact that this is going to get Halo 3 levels of hype (and will hopefully be as good if not better) then I wouldn't rule out Halo Reach selling more than Halo 3 did and COD7 will before the end of the year especially now the 360 userbase is now significantly larger than when Halo 3 launched.

o yeh i 100% agree with you

BUT alot more people brought COD this time around, all Activision need to do is create a huge hype again

i dont think it will sell as well as Halo 3 TBH

i do want to play Halo Reach as from what i have seen its looking very good, but i just think people are hyping it out of control