By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we ever see 3rd party Nintendo 64 games on the virtual console?

BoneArk said:

Every game on the virtual console as of today is published by Nintendo. We all know about Nintendo's N64 classics, but, where are all the 3rd party N64 classics like WWF No Mercy, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Star Wars Rouge Squadron, Turok 1 & 2, and etc? We all know that Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct are not coming to the virtual console because Microsoft owns Rare and all their properties. Goldeneye 007 can still come to the virtual console if Nintendo and Microsoft work out some kind of deal. I think Nintendo needs to try to get more 3rd party N64 games on the virtual console, all the games that I mention all sold over a million copies and that's a lot of money to gain for 3rd party publishers.

What do you guys think?                 

GOD! Why does 99% of the people talking about these games refer to them as 'Rouge' Squadron instead of 'ROGUE' Squadron! Don't be so awkward people and check your spelling! There's a difference between rogue and rouge you know! Urgh.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Turok would be awesome. Dinosaurs FTW!

I LOVE ICELAND!

hmm I know Ogre Battle 64 is on its way

Cheebee said:
BoneArk said:

Every game on the virtual console as of today is published by Nintendo. We all know about Nintendo's N64 classics, but, where are all the 3rd party N64 classics like WWF No Mercy, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Star Wars Rouge Squadron, Turok 1 & 2, and etc? We all know that Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct are not coming to the virtual console because Microsoft owns Rare and all their properties. Goldeneye 007 can still come to the virtual console if Nintendo and Microsoft work out some kind of deal. I think Nintendo needs to try to get more 3rd party N64 games on the virtual console, all the games that I mention all sold over a million copies and that's a lot of money to gain for 3rd party publishers.

What do you guys think?                 

GOD! Why does 99% of the people talking about these games refer to them as 'Rouge' Squadron instead of 'ROGUE' Squadron! Don't be so awkward people and check your spelling! There's a difference between rogue and rouge you know! Urgh.

Hmmm... I sense a bit of anger in this post... great pic! You deserve a prize:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Considering the rate of Virtual Console games slowed to a crawl and we are getting new N64 games on the Virtual Console at a rate of a about 1-2 a year, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It would be faster just to go out and buy the actual games yourself for the physical N64. They're not that much more than $10. Heck, I got Majora's Mask, Mischief Makers and Goldeneye 007 all for under $10.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Cheebee said:
BoneArk said:

What do you guys think?                 

Hmmm... I sense a bit of anger in this post... great pic! You deserve a prize:

Nah, it's just kind of silly, really. It's just one letter, but that makes all the difference. And yeah thanks, I already knew that pic. Kinda scary to think there are probably people who actually wear that... XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Khuutra said:
megaman79 said:
Yea its bullshit. Shadowman and the Turoks NOW

....Who even owns the rights to these games, now?

Good question. Both of those were Acclaim, right?

Who published the last Turok game?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ogre Battle 64 will be the only third party game worth getting from that sad console.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

silverlunar777 said:
Ogre Battle 64 will be the only third party game worth getting from that sad console.

Bomberman 64 says no.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:
megaman79 said:
Yea its bullshit. Shadowman and the Turoks NOW

....Who even owns the rights to these games, now?

Good question. Both of those were Acclaim, right?

Who published the last Turok game?

Touchstone

Before you ask, no, I have never heard of them either.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)