By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we ever see 3rd party Nintendo 64 games on the virtual console?

Every game on the virtual console as of today is published by Nintendo. We all know about Nintendo's N64 classics, but, where are all the 3rd party N64 classics like WWF No Mercy, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Star Wars Rouge Squadron, Turok 1 & 2, and etc? We all know that Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct are not coming to the virtual console because Microsoft owns Rare and all their properties. Goldeneye 007 can still come to the virtual console if Nintendo and Microsoft work out some kind of deal. I think Nintendo needs to try to get more 3rd party N64 games on the virtual console, all the games that I mention all sold over a million copies and that's a lot of money to gain for 3rd party publishers.

What do you guys think?                 

Around the Network

Where I am Cruis'n USA and Sin & Punishment are on Virtual Console.

I want Beetle Adventure Racing....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

impur1ty said:

Both published by Nintendo.

Ogre Battle 64 is coming.

Around the Network

Yea its bullshit. Shadowman and the Turoks NOW

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Yea its bullshit. Shadowman and the Turoks NOW

....Who even owns the rights to these games, now?

BoneArk said:
impur1ty said:

Both published by Nintendo.

S&P wasn't published by anyone outside of Japan/China.

Anyway, a 3rd party game i'd like to see is Resident Evil 2. That would make a great addition to VC.

I am not sure if anybody noticed but the great great majority of title on the virtual console come from japenese company. The only western one that seem to be onboard is LucasArts

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

There were third party N64 games?