By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we ever see 3rd party Nintendo 64 games on the virtual console?

silverlunar777 said:
Khuutra said:
silverlunar777 said:
Ogre Battle 64 will be the only third party game worth getting from that sad console.

So did you never own an N64 or what

Never had one, looking back i don't regret it one bit.

The only third party game that interested me is Ogre Battle, because i loved the SNES one (and the PS one is different i heared but never got the chance to have it)

Come on, don't you think a console where almost all Third parties jumped ship from is sad??

That shit is irrelivent. Analogue stick, memory expansion, better graphics and processor upgrades made the N64 no.1 in my view.

Just because you owned a PS1 doesn't mean it automatically was better, infact alot would argue that the PS1 was a piece of shit. But it was popular. 

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Bomberman 64 is the greatest Bomberman game ever made. I have played all 3 on NES, 2 on SNES, the one on 64, one on TurboGrafx-16, one on Wii, one on WiiWare, and I think 3 on the DS. Bomberman 64 blows them all out of the water. I would love to have it on the VC. I still hook up my N64 every once in a while to play it with friends.

Ogre Battle 64 is coming out on the Japanese VC this week. ::goes off to post that as news::

megaman79 said:

That shit is irrelivent. Analogue stick, memory expansion, better graphics and processor upgrades made the N64 no.1 in my view.

Just because you owned a PS1 doesn't mean it automatically was better, infact alot would argue that the PS1 was a piece of shit. But it was popular. 

....You have GOT to be kidding me, so a system is better for it is hardware expantions rather than the games???

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

silverlunar777 said:
megaman79 said:

....You have GOT to be kidding me, so a system is better for it is hardware expantions rather than the games???

Ok so imagine how controllers, and 3D games, would be like if the N64 simply did not exist.

Exactly - thread\

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Bomberman 64 is the greatest Bomberman game ever made. I have played all 3 on NES, 2 on SNES, the one on 64, one on TurboGrafx-16, one on Wii, one on WiiWare, and I think 3 on the DS. Bomberman 64 blows them all out of the water. I would love to have it on the VC. I still hook up my N64 every once in a while to play it with friends.

Ogre Battle 64 is coming out on the Japanese VC this week. ::goes off to post that as news::

If you haven't played Saturn Bomberman, then you missed the real better one. I'm sorry for you. -_-

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
Daileon said:

If you haven't played Saturn Bomberman, then you missed the real better one. I'm sorry for you. -_-

I've heard this before.  I'm interested.  But how could it be better than Bomberman 64?  Did you play both?  What did it do differently than regular Bomberman games?  I loved Bomberman 64 for the 3-D map designs and the raising water levels, and in my opinion, the best use of ghosts and diseases.

Daileon said:

I've heard this before.  I'm interested.  But how could it be better than Bomberman 64?  Did you play both?  What did it do differently than regular Bomberman games?  I loved Bomberman 64 for the 3-D map designs and the raising water levels, and in my opinion, the best use of ghosts and diseases.

I have both.. and saturn bomberman is the best.. it's an investment.. but it's multiplayer is the best.. ever.. of any game.. ever...

10 PLAYER BOMBERMAN!! I didn't even had that many friends with a saturn back then so we could only get to 8...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

megaman79 said:

Ok so imagine how controllers, and 3D games, would be like if the N64 simply did not exist.

Exactly - thread

I can imagine it, somebody else would do it, 3D games and joysticks exsisted way before the N64.

Actually i am not following you here, so the N64 started 3D or something??

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

silverlunar777 said:
megaman79 said:

Exactly - thread

I can imagine it, somebody else would do it, 3D games and joysticks exsisted way before the N64.

Actually i am not following you here, so the N64 started 3D or something??

Notice what the PS controller looked like.

Playing 3D games on that sucked.  It also didn't have rumble.

silverlunar777 said:

As I already said in this thread, their were plenty of amazing games on the N64.  I'll refrain from posting a list.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Goemon!!!! I WANT GOEMON!!!!!!!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!