By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction God Of War 3 will sell...*

mind share, ps2 owners didn't know who kratos was, ps3 owners know who kratos is, better marketing--> better sales, friends lists, word of mouth and being even more violent than the first two .

5-6mln lifetime

(realistically 5mln)

perfect example

call of duty:finest hour(ps2) 2.8mln units
call of duty mw2 (ps3) 6 plus mln units and growing

why would call of duty sell better on ps3 than it did on ps2?
1) mind share everybody on my friends list is playing it ill buy it too
2) marketing and awareness, most casuals even know about call of duty( not saying the same is for god of war, just saying god of war has more awareness now, than it did on ps2)
3)pretty much makes the smaller userbase argument useless i think, people will buy consoles to play god of war.

"even a dead god still dreams"

Around the Network

hey I wanna see massive ps3 fanboy vs. wii fanboy fight.... but no one likes to reply to my threads...
can someone make a gow3 vs. zelda: twilight princess (wii version only), what game will end with more sales ltd thread?

i'll bookmark this thread for crow eating...

i'll raise the bet, it'll cross 2 Million in less than 2 months. it'll 4M+.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
You have to remember that God Of War is very complicated and confusing unless you played the 1st 2. G.O.W.3 won't sell to people who haven't played the 1st 2. With games with numbers the sales tend to go down with about each game until they don't give it a number like with Resident Evil Code Veronica instead of calling it Resident Evil 4. That is where the Collection comes in to play. If the Collection sold to fans of the franchise then 3 will continue the trend of G.O.W going down in sales with each game but if it sold to people who have yet to play G.O.W then the sales may go up but it still wont sell over 3.5 Million at MOST.(I still say 2.4 Million lifetime)

That number will end up too low.

CGI stop! you'll not convince him! just, bookmark this thread.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

I think it'll sell roughy around MGS4's numbers, so about 4.3-4.5 million LTD

Around the Network

I bet that if Pikmin 3 comes out on Wii in 2010 than Pikmin 3 will outsell G.O.W.3 worldwide in lifetime sales.

3.4 mill

Launch week i say 1mil is reasonable considering there are not a lot of big games coming out during the launch window, and 3-5 million lifetime

japan: 12
NA:1.8-2.0mill
Europe: 1.2-1.4mill

should do 3.2mill WW

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

restored_lost said:
double whatever uncharted 2 sells ltd...quote me on it.

I wont embarass you... GoW isn't going to sell gang buster... very few PS3 games do exceptionally well of those none are Sony games

edit: is everyone forgetting who GoW is competeing against?  Final Fantasy may not be MW but GoW isn't AC either... I see this game bearly beating out the second one in sales

edit: on a side note I hope it does 4-5 mil life time