By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction God Of War 3 will sell...*

Well the other 2 combined sold 5 million with over 120m consoles to sell to.

I think GOW is one of those franchises that for some reason you think do better then they really do. The 2nd one sold less then the 1st one, which is not a good sign.

But new console, different times!

I think 30k in Japan 1st week, 100k lifetime
Europe 300k 1st week, 900k lifetime
America 500k 1st week, 2m lifetime sales
Total 830k 1st week, 3m lifetime sales

The question is will the trilogy packs be counted as three individual sales?

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Well the other 2 combined sold 5 million with over 120m consoles to sell to.

I think GOW is one of those franchises that for some reason you think do better then they really do. The 2nd one sold less then the 1st one, which is not a good sign.

But new console, different times!

I think 30k in Japan 1st week, 100k lifetime
Europe 300k 1st week, 900k lifetime
America 500k 1st week, 2m lifetime sales
Total 830k 1st week, 3m lifetime sales

The question is will the trilogy packs be counted as three individual sales?

I agree with this :)

NA -- 2.2 Million

EU -- 0.81K

JP -- 0.06K

= 3.07 Million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
Fufinu said:
Sales of GoW 2 = 2.59 million LTD
Sales of GoW 1 = 3.21 million LTD

3 million sounds just about good to me!

The games will hinder each other - I know they are in a completely different genre but they will be competing for the same users' money. I can't see how Heavy Rain will suffer due to GoW but not vice-versa.

Why would a proven, known franchise suffer to a game that will not only sell less, but have less appeal than it?

What I mean is that all games are out competing against each other. Even shovelware is competing with GoW in the sense that for some people getting that will mean not getting something else.

Can't we say that Bayonetta sold less because of MW2? I think we can (albeit indirectly), and it's the type of reasoning that many developing studios made by not releasing last December. Same will be happening here.

Of course, the inverse would also hold - MW2 could have sold less because of people buying other games around that period.

You have to remember that God Of War is very complicated and confusing unless you played the 1st 2. G.O.W.3 won't sell to people who haven't played the 1st 2. With games with numbers the sales tend to go down with about each game until they don't give it a number like with Resident Evil Code Veronica instead of calling it Resident Evil 4. That is where the Collection comes in to play. If the Collection sold to fans of the franchise then 3 will continue the trend of G.O.W going down in sales with each game but if it sold to people who have yet to play G.O.W then the sales may go up but it still wont sell over 3.5 Million at MOST.(I still say 2.4 Million lifetime)

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
You have to remember that God Of War is very complicated and confusing unless you played the 1st 2. G.O.W.3 won't sell to people who haven't played the 1st 2. With games with numbers the sales tend to go down with about each game until they don't give it a number like with Resident Evil Code Veronica instead of calling it Resident Evil 4. That is where the Collection comes in to play. If the Collection sold to fans of the franchise then 3 will continue the trend of G.O.W going down in sales with each game but if it sold to people who have yet to play G.O.W then the sales may go up but it still wont sell over 3.5 Million at MOST.(I still say 2.4 Million lifetime)

Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and Killzone 2 say hi, along with many others.

I expect GOWIII to be the best seller in the series with 4.5m LTD. The first two games to me were just lost in a huge PS2 library, with GOWII undoubtedly suffering from pretty much playing the role as the PS2's swansong, the last exclusive for the console when most people had turned their attention to PS3, 360 and Wii.

God of War III stands out in the PS3 library tough now, is releasing perfectly in time with the PS3's gathering sales momentum and has got tons more press and coverage. I didn't even know about the first two games properly, and I follow games and whatnot :/.

around 3 million I think

restored_lost said:
double whatever uncharted 2 sells ltd...quote me on it.

Will do.

I'd say more then that in Others, maybe not as much in America.

Lifetime 3.2 million