By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft Cuts Sales Projections In Half For Red Steel 2.

What strikes me about this game is it seems to me to have been made to take advantage of everyone's desire for 1:1 swordfighting (although not originally, they changed gears mid-stream). So that's the focus. Why do I have a problem with that? Because I don't think they really took the time to first find what would make that 'fun' and then build a game around it. They just shoved it in and hoped fun would be found along the way.

I'm betting it will be fun, for a while, then get old real fast.

I'd think a Zorro game might work better (not that crap one already out) but it'd be fun to make 'Z's, getting progressively better at carving them into things quickly, cutting off parts of a woman's dress (without cutting her), using a whip and really finesse fighting - block, block, parry, thrust. Red Steel seems like a lot of 1:1 waggle against a lot of generic enemies and not much more to it than that.

Of course a WM+ Jedi Knight Lightsaber game would sell millions....

Around the Network

I just hope the game will be awesome, it's my main reasoning for getting M+!

500k really? Way to think highly of your game Ubisoft.. This game shouldn't have a problem making it to a million. I think a lot of people have been waiting for a game like this; a serious Wii action game that utilizes motion plus.

I think Ubisoft changed their projections because 500k is an easier target to reach and surpass. It's similar to when Capcom had a 400k projection for the sales of Resident Evil 4 Wii edition. The sales were easily passed. This looks good to share holders and gives them more faith in the company and the strategies that they are undertaking.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft is hoping that this game is a block buster in terms of sales.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Oh oh... no advertising...

Around the Network
gustave154 said:
Can't imagine kids and families playing red steel together.....
500k sounds reasonable.

Yep it sure does >__>.....

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

palancas7 said:

Pretty much the way I see it:/

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

BrandonM said:
gustave154 said:
Can't imagine kids and families playing red steel together.....
500k sounds reasonable.

Yep it sure does if your a sonyfanboy.....

He was right. This is not a game for kids, it's not a game for family and it's not a game for more than 1 person.

How many of those games on Wii sold well? This is clearly a case of a game that doesn't really fit the console demographic.

Anybody can see this, regardless whether you love the console to death or not

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
BrandonM said:
palancas7 said:

Pretty much the way I see it:/

did the original red steel get advertsing.

the original got a lot of marketing so this should too

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia