By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Pavolink said:
Uh-oh. Predicted 123k for Miku, but it seems it will be bigger. 145k?
NSMB2 sales pierces my heart.

I dont know, i searched for P4G FW points, but seems like nobody posted it. Miku will have good numbers anyway, also will Vita... as least for a week. :)

Around the Network

Really impressive with ps3, nearly the end of this gen and it still going pretty strong in japan.

saicho said:
Tridrakious said:
MANUELF said:
Tridrakious said:
Wow at Xillia 2 and Resident Evil 6. Japan is showing up strong for those titles.

The PlayStation 3 could very well dominate the Japanese market this holiday season. Even up against the Wii U and 3DS. I wish the Vita would do better, but it really won't be competitive this season.

The PS3 wont dominate because those games are sequels to already existing games on the platform so the fans dont have any reason to buy the system again and Nintendo always have the biggest increase in holidays

These two games are going to sell incredibly well. I'm expecting Resident Evil 6 to hit at least a million LTD in Japan alone and I'm sure that Xillia 2 will likely perform 400k first week. Both games will be big system sellers.

wishful thinking on PS3 hardware. I bet on the week of RE6 and ToX2 release, 3DS will confortablely outsell PS3. I would also bet 3DS will sell more than double PS3 hardware in Oct, Nov, Dec, and from Oct to Dec in Japan.

RE6 will not hit 1 milliton without re-release and re-re-release.

It isn't really wishful thinking. Looking at the pre-orders points for RE6 really makes me think this game will have a massive launch week and with it being in the holiday season I'm sure the legs will be decent. We're still over a month out and the game crossed 400 points with the latest update and I believe RE5 sold over a million and that was with a much smaller userbase in Japan than now.

Xillia 2 doesn't appear to be that massive in the pre-order numbers, but it's a Tales game and this is Japan.

PS3 selling better than 3DS on holiday?

Man, this WONT happen. Look how the 3DS is EASILY outselling the PS3 in Japan. Last year it sold 1.5 million in December, and that has not happened since the PS1 days. It will have the natural big boost that Nintendo has(always the bigger boost), plus NSMB2 boost, the release of Paper Mario and other key titles, and the XL as well.

So, it wont happen, can't happen.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
saicho said:
Tridrakious said:
MANUELF said:
Tridrakious said:
Wow at Xillia 2 and Resident Evil 6. Japan is showing up strong for those titles.

The PlayStation 3 could very well dominate the Japanese market this holiday season. Even up against the Wii U and 3DS. I wish the Vita would do better, but it really won't be competitive this season.

The PS3 wont dominate because those games are sequels to already existing games on the platform so the fans dont have any reason to buy the system again and Nintendo always have the biggest increase in holidays

These two games are going to sell incredibly well. I'm expecting Resident Evil 6 to hit at least a million LTD in Japan alone and I'm sure that Xillia 2 will likely perform 400k first week. Both games will be big system sellers.

wishful thinking on PS3 hardware. I bet on the week of RE6 and ToX2 release, 3DS will confortablely outsell PS3. I would also bet 3DS will sell more than double PS3 hardware in Oct, Nov, Dec, and from Oct to Dec in Japan.

It isn't really wishful thinking. Looking at the pre-orders points for RE6 really makes me think this game will have a massive launch week and with it being in the holiday season I'm sure the legs will be decent. We're still over a month out and the game crossed 400 points with the latest update and I believe RE5 sold over a million and that was with a much smaller userbase in Japan than now.

Xillia 2 doesn't appear to be that massive in the pre-order numbers, but it's a Tales game and this is Japan.

Im expecting a bigger first week but smaller lifetime sales for Resident Evil 6 and for Xillia 2 I expect both lower first week and lower lifetime sales when compared to their predecessors and yeah I also expect a hardware bump but a small one something like 20k max

Tridrakious said:
saicho said:
Tridrakious said:
MANUELF said:
Tridrakious said:

What don't you understand? Of course RE5 and ToX 2 will be huge on software, but on hardware side, all the people who wanted to play RE or Tales of has already a PS3. So these games won't be a system seller. Sequels don't sell platforms.

And RE5 hasn't cross the million mark in Japan. Don't believe vgchartz numbers. The game is near that mark but thanks all de re-re-releases.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Tridrakious said:
saicho said:
Tridrakious said:
MANUELF said:
Tridrakious said:

PS3 will have a good holiday season, but won't best 2009 (FF13). 3DS comfortably will, it is still riding NSMB 2 momentum, has AC, Inazuma, Professor Layton, Paper Mario, and Project X-Zone as well. Nintendo also usually have bigger % increases. 3DS will rock Japan this year, but maybe not a big December as last year.

kopstudent89 said:

PS3 will have a good holiday season, but won't best 2009 (FF13). 3DS comfortably will, it is still riding NSMB 2 momentum, has AC, Inazuma, Professor Layton, Paper Mario, and Project X-Zone as well. Nintendo also usually have bigger % increases. 3DS will rock Japan this year, but maybe not a big December as last year.

No Layton :(

I think both Laytons will be next year. But who knows, maybe.

And actually, counting everything Resident Evil 5 (but REALLY everything, including the 360 version and move edition) the game is a little over a million

PS3 (all versions) alone is 917,753 (360: 123k)