By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

saicho said:
Tridrakious said:
Well apparently I'm in the minority. I just figured the PS3 had a real shot at a stellar last full year in Japan and it would be all thanks to the holiday release schedule for the Japanese.

I have a feeling the Wii U won't dominate the PS3 and the PS3 will have a very strong year.

That's not what you said before. You said PS3 would dominate even against 3DS. PS3 might do well comparing to last year's numbers or even Wii U but its number would pale comparing to 3DS numbers in Japan. And that's for both software and hardware.

If the new PS3 model gets announced and an effective price cut happens (on top of the releases of Xillia 2 and Resident Evil 6) then I don't see why the PS3 wouldn't have a dominating holiday season in Japan even against the 3DS.

I'm not sure what line-up the 3DS has, but the PlayStation 3 will have a great end to 2012.

Around the Network

Have Lightning Returns preorders begun?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

I hope not. I hope Square-Enix is already cancelling the game and about to issue a "we apologize for completely destroying the franchise and here is a new trailer for Versus XIII as the start of our gift to our remaining fans" press release.

Tridrakious said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I hope not. I hope Square-Enix is already cancelling the game and about to issue a "we apologize for completely destroying the franchise and here is a new trailer for Versus XIII as the start of our gift to our remaining fans" press release.

U mad brah?

Lightning Forever (2015) will release before Versus too. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Tridrakious said:
darthdevidem01 said:

U mad brah?

Lightning Forever (2015) will release before Versus too. 

So disappointed in Square-Enix.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
saicho said:
Tridrakious said:
Well apparently I'm in the minority. I just figured the PS3 had a real shot at a stellar last full year in Japan and it would be all thanks to the holiday release schedule for the Japanese.

I have a feeling the Wii U won't dominate the PS3 and the PS3 will have a very strong year.

That's not what you said before. You said PS3 would dominate even against 3DS. PS3 might do well comparing to last year's numbers or even Wii U but its number would pale comparing to 3DS numbers in Japan. And that's for both software and hardware.

If the new PS3 model gets announced and an effective price cut happens (on top of the releases of Xillia 2 and Resident Evil 6) then I don't see why the PS3 wouldn't have a dominating holiday season in Japan even against the 3DS.

I'm not sure what line-up the 3DS has, but the PlayStation 3 will have a great end to 2012.

You sound like you don't know Japanese market at all. Do you know how 3DS and PS3 are currently selling weekly right now? It's unrealistic to expect a system currently sells 15K a week to dominate a system sells 65K a week based on your assumption (Japan is the least price sensitive market and the two titles you listed are nowhere as big as you thought they are).

In addition, Animal Crossing 3DS will be released on Nov 8th in Japan and it is likely to outsell RE6 and ToX 2 combined.

And all this is before we take into the holiday effect which usually favors Nintendo's systems in Japan.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

italo244 said:
WOW @ MIKU AND VITA THIS WEEK!

Miku: 159k+Digital Sales
Vita: 50k

My bet was:
Miku: 120k
Vita: 40k

My Bet: 

Miku: 140k

Vita: 45k

it surpassed even my more positive predictions!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

edit: wrong thread

Hey guys!
I made a graph comparing the pre-orders for Tales of Xillia 1 and 2. I considered the last 75 days of each game.
I will update every 2 or 3 days.

“No he contado ni la mitad de lo que vi...” Marco Polo

ladyumbra said:

edit: wrong thread

~Whoo~hooooo~

~Join usssss~

~Joooooiiinnnn ussssssssssss~