By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Zlejedi said:

So far apart from Dragon Quest spinoff which would sold well even on smart toster platform due to brand name none of them sold good.

Paper Mario sold pretty well.  MH3/G too if you want to go that far into the definitions of RPGs.  Zelda too if you want to go further.

Symphonia KOR did really well for a low budget Tales spinoff.  Muramasa is Vanillaware's best selling game ever.  Shiren 3 and Chocobo Dungon both cleared 100k (and sold better than subsequent DS/PSP entries).  DQ Swords sold on par with the PS2 DQ spinoffs.  Xenoblade looks like it's going to leg it to Xenosaga Ep. III numbers.  Fire Emblem increased in sales over it's direct predecessor.  It's not all doom and gloom for Wii RPGs, and it's not like HD RPG sales are all that great either (Trinity bombed, 3DGH bombed, lots of 360 RPGs have bombed, etc)... I'd say on both sides, the only thing that's clear is neither side can consistently deliver the sort of numbers these developers used to be able to count on with PS2.  The only 3rd party RPG that actually increased over SFC/PS1/PS2 franchise highs this gen on home consoles is really Monster Hunter, and that debatably isn't even an RPG. :/

Around the Network

LAST STORY!!!!!!!!!

[PSP] Tales of the World 3 : Radiant Mythology - 267pt (6) 
[PSP] Phantasy Star 2 Infinity - 261pt (3)
[PSP] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute portable ( not the official title ) - 222pt (0)
[PSP] Valkyria chronicles 3- 190pt (0)
[PSP] Final Mix Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - 126pt (8)
[PS3] Samurai Warriors 3 Z -102 pt (4) 
[PS3] Final Fantasy vs XIII - 74pt (0)
[PS3] Disgaea 4 (Limited Edition) - 73pt (3)
[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation World - 66pt (0)
[Wii] The Last Story - 74pt (8)
[PS3] Catherine - 62pt (1)  
[PSP] Portable Pack there is no reason ♪ Just like this my sister is so cute - 56pt (2)
[PSP] Itsuwarinoutahimepakku- 53pt (1) 
[PSP] Final Fantasy Dissidia 012: Duodecim - 53pt (1)
[PSP] Magical Index term (Limited Edition) - 52pt (0)
[PSP] Kenka Kenka five Chinese law 44pt (0)
[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation Collector's World - 41pt (1)
[PSP] Magical Index term (Limited Edition) - 40pt (0)
[PS3] Yakuza OF THE END - 38pt (3)
[NDS] Monster Busters powered - 36pt(new)
psp: 13

ps3: 5

ds: 1

wii: 1

xbox360: 0

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Yes! Now we get on to the 200 points a day part, :D!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Soriku said:
DemoPS3 said:

It will bomb just like Xenogears. Maybe less.

That's what you get for doing ambitious RPGs on the Wii.

When you look at ToV and ToG F numbers on PS3, which did both >200k first week and will reach 400k LTD, even if they are one year old port, it's safe to say that Xenogears and TLS would have sell and ton more on the PS3 ( and would be better looking ).

Where can I buy Xenogears on the Wii? I'd like to buy it but it's not cheap enough for me to buy the PS1 version.

Xenogears Wii confirmed!

Around the Network

meh just a lucky day

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Holy S***! The Last Story! Finally it surpassed Xenoblade in Pre-order numbers with still a 10 day release behind. I expect full marketing now.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

So how many poins average a day until it passes MHP3?

morenoingrato said:

More than 500 I think. It's doable.

forest-spirit said:
morenoingrato said:

More than 500 I think. It's doable.

You forgot this: B E L I E V E

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin