By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

bmmb1 said:
Zlejedi said:

Impresive rise for VC3 and good to see Catherine and Disgea started to move.

And lol why did that guy got banned for trolling wii are we back to wii is saint cow moderation policy? So far apart from Dragon Quest spinoff which would sold well even on smart toster platform due to brand name none of them sold good.

And so far the flood of jRPG that people expected after DQ X annoucment never came.

You know, I just checked, and the PS3 had only 1 game in Japan sell over a million (a main line FF, which someone, though not me, could argue that it would sell that much even on a smart toaster). And it had 8 games sell  500k and more, that's all. On the other hand, the Wii has 13 games that sold ovr 1 million (8 of them over 2 million). And 10 additional games that sold 500k and more... So now, if someone were like that guy who you think wasn't trolling, that person could argue that with such numbers, developers shouldn't develop any games for the PS3 in Japan. And that wouldn't be trolling?

No that would be publically showing his ignorance as those big selling Wii titles have hardly anything to do with jRPG genre.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:

So far apart from Dragon Quest spinoff which would sold well even on smart toster platform due to brand name none of them sold good.

Paper Mario sold pretty well.  MH3/G too if you want to go that far into the definitions of RPGs.  Zelda too if you want to go further.

Symphonia KOR did really well for a low budget Tales spinoff.  Muramasa is Vanillaware's best selling game ever.  Shiren 3 and Chocobo Dungon both cleared 100k (and sold better than subsequent DS/PSP entries).  DQ Swords sold on par with the PS2 DQ spinoffs.  Xenoblade looks like it's going to leg it to Xenosaga Ep. III numbers.  Fire Emblem increased in sales over it's direct predecessor.  It's not all doom and gloom for Wii RPGs, and it's not like HD RPG sales are all that great either (Trinity bombed, 3DGH bombed, lots of 360 RPGs have bombed, etc)... I'd say on both sides, the only thing that's clear is neither side can consistently deliver the sort of numbers these developers used to be able to count on with PS2.  The only 3rd party RPG that actually increased over SFC/PS1/PS2 franchise highs this gen on home consoles is really Monster Hunter, and that debatably isn't even an RPG. :/

In other words if you want to make Wii jRPG either go with super niche title or with big name game. If you want to bring medium sized jRPG bring it to PS3 and or 360 (if you desperatly want some sales in west)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Immortal said:

Yes! Now we get on to the 200 points a day part, :D!

Man the NSMB Wii vs FF13 days were awesome! Not to mention Pokemon B/W vs MH3P... but consoles are much more exciting ^.^

Zlejedi said:
bmmb1 said:
Zlejedi said:

Impresive rise for VC3 and good to see Catherine and Disgea started to move.

And lol why did that guy got banned for trolling wii are we back to wii is saint cow moderation policy? So far apart from Dragon Quest spinoff which would sold well even on smart toster platform due to brand name none of them sold good.

And so far the flood of jRPG that people expected after DQ X annoucment never came.

You know, I just checked, and the PS3 had only 1 game in Japan sell over a million (a main line FF, which someone, though not me, could argue that it would sell that much even on a smart toaster). And it had 8 games sell  500k and more, that's all. On the other hand, the Wii has 13 games that sold ovr 1 million (8 of them over 2 million). And 10 additional games that sold 500k and more... So now, if someone were like that guy who you think wasn't trolling, that person could argue that with such numbers, developers shouldn't develop any games for the PS3 in Japan. And that wouldn't be trolling?

No that would be publically showing his ignorance as those big selling Wii titles have hardly anything to do with jRPG genre.

You don't get his point.... or you do and you are just playing dumb.

Zlejedi said:
jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:

So far apart from Dragon Quest spinoff which would sold well even on smart toster platform due to brand name none of them sold good.

Paper Mario sold pretty well.  MH3/G too if you want to go that far into the definitions of RPGs.  Zelda too if you want to go further.

Symphonia KOR did really well for a low budget Tales spinoff.  Muramasa is Vanillaware's best selling game ever.  Shiren 3 and Chocobo Dungon both cleared 100k (and sold better than subsequent DS/PSP entries).  DQ Swords sold on par with the PS2 DQ spinoffs.  Xenoblade looks like it's going to leg it to Xenosaga Ep. III numbers.  Fire Emblem increased in sales over it's direct predecessor.  It's not all doom and gloom for Wii RPGs, and it's not like HD RPG sales are all that great either (Trinity bombed, 3DGH bombed, lots of 360 RPGs have bombed, etc)... I'd say on both sides, the only thing that's clear is neither side can consistently deliver the sort of numbers these developers used to be able to count on with PS2.  The only 3rd party RPG that actually increased over SFC/PS1/PS2 franchise highs this gen on home consoles is really Monster Hunter, and that debatably isn't even an RPG. :/

In other words if you want to make Wii jRPG either go with super niche title or with big name game. If you want to bring medium sized jRPG bring it to PS3 and or 360 (if you desperatly want some sales in west)

No, in other words, if you want to make a JRPG, forget all these loser home consoles and go 3DS/PSP. ;)

Around the Network

TLS 8 points! Yes!

Best day of pre-order.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Another 4 points for TLS

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Meh, with these numbers it'll never pass MHP3, or Pokemon...... (or flop game x )

1. [PSP] Tales of the World 3 : Radiant Mythology - 276pt (9) 
  2. [PSP] Phantasy Star 2 Infinity - 272pt (11)
  3. [PSP] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute portable ( not the official title ) - 223pt (1)
  4. [PSP] Valkyria chronicles 3- 192pt (2)
  5. [PSP] Final Mix Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - 128pt (2)
  6. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 3 Z -106 pt (4)
  7. [Wii] The Last Story - 78pt (4) 
  8. [PS3] Disgaea 4 (Limited Edition) - 74pt (1)
  9. [PS3] Final Fantasy vs XIII - 74pt (0) 
  10. [PSP] SD Gundam G Generation World - 67pt (1)
  11. [PS3] Catherine - 65pt (3)  
  12. [PSP] Portable Pack there is no reason ♪ Just like this my sister is so cute - 58pt (2)
  13. [PSP] Final Fantasy Dissidia 012: Duodecim - 55pt (2)
  14. [PSP] Itsuwarinoutahimepakku- 54pt (1) 
  15. [PSP] Magical Index term (Limited Edition) - 52pt (0)
  16. [PSP] Kenka Kenka five Chinese law 44pt (0)
  17. [PSP] SD Gundam G Generation Collector's World - 41pt (1)
  18. [PSP] Magical Index term (Limited Edition) - 40pt (0) 
  19. [PS3] Yakuza OF THE END - 39pt (1)
  20. [NDS] Monster Busters powered - 39pt (3)

psp: 13

ps3: 5

ds: 1

wii: 1

xbox360: 0

so can we expect a bump for versus or will it have to wait....

and I have to say I'm surprised by phantasy star and tales of games in the chart..they are doing fantastic

come on VC3.....you deserve a bazillion more points than that I'm sure

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!