By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 10/29 - 11/4

mrstickball said:
All it took was an actual Japanese IP to come exclusively to the X360.

If a mediocre title like AC6 (which other AC games sell roughly 300k in JP) can do that well for the X360, imagine what would happen if a bigger IP came exclusive.

What?? No. The 360 only just beat the ps3 this week not just because of ac6 but for many reasons. It took a price drop and 2 free games being bundled with the xbox360 premium, the release of the xbox360 elite, the release of the greatest hits editions of popular japanese games at a reduced price AND ace combat 6 to push the 360 above the ps3 by 200 units, and all this whilst the ps3 is getting a price drop next week which lowered ps3 sales.

Around the Network

Sorry but I feel

xbox 360 beating Ps3 is being used as a CLOTH to hide for ninty fanboys cus SMG didn't even manage to take wii 40K +

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

^ Wha? Grow up man, seriously. You just have to come up and isuniate such dumb things.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

darthdevidem said:
Sorry but I feel

xbox 360 beating Ps3 is being used as a CLOTH to hide for ninty fanboys cus SMG didn't even manage to take wii 40K +

Right ...

Man, Sony fans are becomming more and more delusional and paranoid every day. First off, the XBox 360 outselling the PS3 in Japan is huge (unexpected news); beyond this the XBox 360 in inching its way towards outselling the original XBox (will probably happen by January 1st 2008) and has the potential to creep its way past 1 Million units sold (which would be a huge milestone.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=X360&reg1=Japan&cons2=XB&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&weeks=204

Now, the note about Super Mario Galaxy is kind of foolish being that Mario Platformers have not sold amazingly well on home system in Japan; Smash Bros. and Mario Kart have been bigger series in the past two generations than the core Mario Platformer. Super Mario Sunshine in its lifetime only sold (approximately) 800,000 units which is less than recent releases on the PS3 which have sold worse than Mario Galaxy (*Cough* Everybody's Golf *Cough*) ... I'm not trying to be a dink here, but Mario and Zelda have not been the "Keys to Success" in Japan for a very long time (which mostly explains Nintendo's slide in Japan).

I do worry about SMGs numbers, just because I think there is an element in Nintendo that would be perfectly happy to do away with expensively produced games such as Mario, Zelda, and Metroid if their sales aren't matching up well compared to games like MP8. I recognize that the public at large seems to want party/casual style games and it's a good thing that Nintendo is catering to them and expanding the market, but it is a concern that eventually, all the games we used to love from Nintendo will start to become rarer and rarer in lieu of Sonic and Mario at the Olympics.

And there is no way that Diomedes is 31.

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
Sorry but I feel

Eh really?  If you asked anyone if the 360 would ever beat the PS3 in sales for a week in japan they'd of called you insane.

What would Nintendo Fanboys even need to hide?  The Wii is still winning.  Not going to 40K really doesn't matter.  It's outselling it's competition and it's outselling what the PS2 sold in Japan during this part in it's life.

I think you have too high standards when you think the fastest selling system every isn't selling fast enough.

Hope you wern't including me in that either.  I just hate it when people are full of BS like Dio.

Guys quit ganging up on Diomedes.

Diomedes - the "supposedly leaked" Famitsu numbers are actually posted directly on Famitsu's site, I'm not sure why you keep doubting them. They're actually more honest by rounding their numbers since the precision of all this estimated numbers is never down close to the individual unit like MC would have you believe. Also both Famitsu and MC track similar % of the market and have similar accuracy.

To respond to my "all it took was a Japanese IP"

I was reffering to an established major-series Japanese IP, and not a new IP (Eternal Sonata) or a smaller niche IP (Beautiful Katamari).

I know there were the pack-ins and price drops, but lets face it: even with all of that, had AC6 not been there as a major catalyist, it wouldn't of happened. Ace Combat 6 sold only 5,000 units below Blue Dragon for it's first week. Don't you think with such high sales (in relation to the user base), that it was a key component of moving the hardware?

Example: last year, this very week, the X360 introduced the Core system... It was much cheaper (the price of a Wii, or near it), and was precieved to be great for the J-gamer. The result? 6,500 units. A 300% increase. But it still was just a 4,000 unit increase. This time around it's a near-14,000 unit increase.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

jimmay said:
mrstickball said:
All it took was an actual Japanese IP to come exclusively to the X360.

If a mediocre title like AC6 (which other AC games sell roughly 300k in JP) can do that well for the X360, imagine what would happen if a bigger IP came exclusive.

What?? No. The 360 only just beat the ps3 this week not just because of ac6 but for many reasons. It took a price drop and 2 free games being bundled with the xbox360 premium, the release of the xbox360 elite, the release of the greatest hits editions of popular japanese games at a reduced price AND ace combat 6 to push the 360 above the ps3 by 200 units, and all this whilst the ps3 is getting a price drop next week which lowered ps3 sales.

no need to try to explain to peeople they wont listen nor comprehend... it took all of that to get it to outsell it by a mere 200 units.. ps3 has a price cut on the 17th DW6 and ratchet are soon to be released and GTprologue next month i believe lets see if the ps3 returns to outselling it by 5 to 1 again. i have no doubts that it will...

the sun deserves to shine on a dogs ass at least on one day i guess.. be happy for your one week.. i was happy when the ps3 was outselling the 360 in america a couple months back

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

mrstickball said:
To respond to my "all it took was a Japanese IP"

I was reffering to an established major-series Japanese IP, and not a new IP (Eternal Sonata) or a smaller niche IP (Beautiful Katamari).

I know there were the pack-ins and price drops, but lets face it: even with all of that, had AC6 not been there as a major catalyist, it wouldn't of happened. Ace Combat 6 sold only 5,000 units below Blue Dragon for it's first week. Don't you think with such high sales (in relation to the user base), that it was a key component of moving the hardware?

Example: last year, this very week, the X360 introduced the Core system... It was much cheaper (the price of a Wii, or near it), and was precieved to be great for the J-gamer. The result? 6,500 units. A 300% increase. But it still was just a 4,000 unit increase. This time around it's a near-14,000 unit increase.

Who said AC6 had no effect at all? It seems others are saying the new system had no effect at all. If you think about it, it was the combination. We had a hit IP, with a system that may cost more than the Core there, but it comes with the more reliable chipset.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs