By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 10/29 - 11/4

mrstickball said:
All it took was an actual Japanese IP to come exclusively to the X360.

If a mediocre title like AC6 (which other AC games sell roughly 300k in JP) can do that well for the X360, imagine what would happen if a bigger IP came exclusive.

Well AC6 has managed to push the sales more than other japanese IP as Katamary Damacy or Eternal Sonata .So props to AC6 .

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Definitely there are too many stupid people in this forum .

Well ,I accept the MC sales ,for me they are way more precise that the "about 12K " or whatever that we get supposedly "leaked " from Famitsu .

So yes ,AC6 propelled the 360 past the PS3 in Japan this week .200 units to be more precise .With the PS3 descending 1000 units from last week because no new software and the price drop due to next week .Big deal .

More interesting are the PSP and Wii numbers .Mario Galaxy hasnt even managed to lift the Wii to the 40K mark and the PSP seems definitely established around 60K units weekly ,double the number to prior the release of the Slim version .

See... and that's why you fail at this and no one takes you seriously.  Media Crate numbers are also "about".  They just post exact numbers as predictions based on their tracking.  You trust Famitsu less because they're more upfront about their numbers.

NO ,I trust Famitsu less because three things .

One ,they give their numbers for free while MC is a paid service .Plus they only give the Top30 while MC tracks all the games in the market .

Second ,after their own webpage they track 80% of stores while MC more than 90% .

Third ,the data we discuss to exhaustion here isnt even Famitsu ones...but Sinobi data supposedly leaked from Famitsu .I haven seen a single Famitsu scan ever confirming this numbers we get from Sinobi and there have been times with a quite big discrepancy .

Diomedes1976 said:

Well ,I accept the MC sales ,for me they are way more precise that the "about 12K " or whatever that we get supposedly "leaked " from Famitsu .

So yes ,AC6 propelled the 360 past the PS3 in Japan this week .200 units to be more precise .With the PS3 descending 1000 units from last week because no new software and the price drop due to next week .Big deal .

More interesting are the PSP and Wii numbers .Mario Galaxy hasnt even managed to lift the Wii to the 40K mark and the PSP seems definitely established around 60K units weekly ,double the number to prior the release of the Slim version .

You say other people are stupid eh? Well, let's see what you have been saying about Famitsu/MC and then we shall see who looks stupid:

"Still ,I think when the Media Create data is available we will see the PS3 above the 360 ..."

"For some strange reason these sinobi-leaked supposedly from Famitsu data that we have follows always the same trend ....add some 1-2 thousands to PS3 ,remove 2-3 thousands from Wii and lower 360 numbers a good percentage (not so many sales after all ) and you have the final numbers ."

Bottom line - you're an idiotic Sony lover who keeps crying wolf without giving any proof for your claims. When proved wrong, you say "more interesting are the PSP and Wii numbers" and call other people stupid.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Diomedes1976 said:

That's weird.  I'm looking at MC's website right now.., and the only number i can find on what they cover is 57%.  You know.  Just like Ioi said.

Two no tracking site would use 90%... it would cost way too much.

Still if you have a link, you can show me.  Since i'm looking at their entire site, yet the only number i see for coverage rates is 57%.

So... yeah, you are completley full of it.  I'm not sure if you made up 90% because you thought no one would bother to check, or if some other crazy fanboy told you... but it actually says on their website that they track about 57% of the stores.

Though if your Famitsu number is right, hey that makes them more accurate. (Though i'm sure you just made that up as well.)

NJ5 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

You say other people are stupid eh? Well, let's see what you have been saying about Famitsu/MC and then we shall see who looks stupid:

"Still ,I think when the Media Create data is available we will see the PS3 above the 360 ..."

"For some strange reason these sinobi-leaked supposedly from Famitsu data that we have follows always the same trend ....add some 1-2 thousands to PS3 ,remove 2-3 thousands from Wii and lower 360 numbers a good percentage (not so many sales after all ) and you have the final numbers ."

Bottom line - you're an idiotic Sony lover who keeps crying wolf without giving any proof for your claims. When proved wrong, you say "more interesting are the PSP and Wii numbers" and call other people stupid.

Right on, you're exactly right.  Diomedes is the biggest troll on this site by far and I don't know why he hasn't been permanently banned yet.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

That's weird. I'm looking at MC's website right now.., and the only number i can find on what they cover is 57%. You know. Just like Ioi said.

Still if you have a link, you can show me. Since i'm looking at their entire site, yet the only number i see for coverage rates is 57%.

So... yeah, you are completley full of it. I'm not sure if you made up 90% because you thought no one would bother to check, or if some other crazy fanboy told you... but it actually says on their website that they track about 57% of the stores.

Though if your Famitsu number is right, hey that makes them more accurate. (Though i'm sure you just made that up as well.)

He keeps changing his percentages, a few weeks ago he said 60% I think. He never gives any source for his claims, of course.

Either he's a very confused individual or he's out to confuse us (or both).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Erikers its because he makes us laugh. I mean the other trolls on the forum have generally been teenagers so they have excuse of being young. Diomedes is 31 years old but acts half his age. I mean he is one few posters on here that are older than I am but I can't tell it by his recent antics. The funny thing is before everything started going wrong for the PS3 last year he was an intelligent poster. I actually used to like his posts, now that Sony is faltering he can't handle it and continually contradicts himself.

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

That's weird. I'm looking at MC's website right now.., and the only number i can find on what they cover is 57%. You know. Just like Ioi said.

Still if you have a link, you can show me. Since i'm looking at their entire site, yet the only number i see for coverage rates is 57%.

So... yeah, you are completley full of it. I'm not sure if you made up 90% because you thought no one would bother to check, or if some other crazy fanboy told you... but it actually says on their website that they track about 57% of the stores.

He keeps changing his percentages, a few weeks ago he said 60% I think. He never gives any source for his claims, of course.

Either he's a very confused individual or he's out to confuse us (or both).

Eh, he probably gets his numbers from spanish PS3 fanboy sites.  The only real difference between Medicrate and Enterbrain/Famitsu is that Media Crate usually tracks losing consoles higher.

All last generation they had the Gamecube listed higher then others had it.  The "They only track the top 30 games" thing is funny too... since he doesn't seem to understand to track the top 30 you have to track them all... cause you know.  Otherwise you wouldn't know what the top 30 were.  Also, you actually do have to pay with their source numbers.

I mean you can complain about the leak "invalidating it" but I mean.  NPD does the exact same thing.  Or rather used to since they arn't anymore.

What worries me about Media Crate is it looks like they use Microsoft Excell... which is just... weird since their are a few statistics programs out their that are way better suited for this type of thing.

Darc Requiem said:
Erikers its because he makes us laugh. I mean the other trolls on the forum have generally been teenagers so they have excuse of being young. Diomedes is 31 years old but acts half his age. I mean he is one few posters on here that are older than I am but I can't tell it by his recent antics. The funny thing is before everything started going wrong for the PS3 last year he was an intelligent poster. I actually used to like his posts, now that Sony is faltering he can't handle it and continually contradicts himself.

Do you think he slowly went insane as the ps3 sales began to drop?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

He isn't insane he is just a zealot. While the faith is placed in something else. It is jealously guarded by vanity, pride, and self gratification. In other words he cannot accept that he is wrong. No matter how compelling the evidence to the contrary. Basically it is a egocentric state of existence. However he is not insane seeing as he can function with other human beings. Personally I dislike zealots they do things like fly planes into buildings. A lack of critical thought, and blind obedience creates people that will do such things.