By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL WiiFit 1st week sale thread (Japan)

fresh off the debacle that is the launch of SMG, it's time to predict WiiFit launch sales!

i'm not gonna pull a John Lucas and say 4 mln 1st day sales... but i'll say 375,254 first week sales.

that'll make WiiFit a bigger seller than SMG!  (first week at least)  and cement Japan's position as the world's premiere casual game market.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

375k first week

I'll go with 375k too. I think Japan is really interested in this game. NOJ has really been pushing it.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

It's really hard to tell what will happen next in japan, but i will say 150-200k first week. i think it willl almost sell as good in the second, in other words should have very good legs.

I wonder if WiiFit craze has stolen some Mario buyers.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

i find it hard to believe that wiifit will outsell smg's first week sales

500k first week, 200k first day.

Problem with WiiFit selling so well week 1 is:

#1. Transportation. Unlike normal DVD-sized games, there can/will be issues getting enough copies to the retail stores.

#2. Price. It's about 9,000 yen. At such an expensive price, I don't see people rushing to buy it untill 1-2 weeks later when the real Christmas rush hits.

#3. Casual. Fit is the premier casual game, why expect such an uber-opening? It'll garner probably 100k+ sales for many weeks. Think Guitar Hero.

Wii Fit Japan = Guitar Hero USA

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

after the SMG sales i don't know what to say, i would say 400k first week? and 200k first day

30k first day, 50k first week but may have some legs.

I'm guessing 400k and Wii sales will be up to 100k!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000