By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL WiiFit 1st week sale thread (Japan)

290k launch week, give or take 60k, but insane legs.

Look at the other casual games.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

358K first week, 15% drop off in sales next week, 10% more and has 5% legs for the rest of it's life or until Wii Fitter.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

johnlucas said:

Gamerace recently sent me a private message asking that in light of the recent performance of Super Mario Galaxy in Japan have I changed my stance.

My short reply to Gamerace was...

No.

John Lucas

Actually the short reply was:

Yes.

John Lucas

To which I almost fell off my seat since that probably set a record for JL brevity, but the question was 'Does the prediction still stand?'   Irregardless....

I'm not much one for making solid predictions and I'm somewhat relucant too with zip info on marketing / awareness / and shipment numbers in Japan.  So really, these are all wild guess for all of us, so: Assuming it's  well marketed, there's good awareness and stores have such supplies:

First day 250k

Week 500k

Wii 120k

I also predict this will be a huge crazy health fad that'll last 6-18months then die out, but it's going to move a $#!%load of Wii's and eventually those people will get other games for it although it'll probably lower the tie ratio overall.  Nintendo can get away with this crap cause they make money off consoles.

300.000 first day, 500.000 1st week. People will buy this buy storm even at the higher price. Just look at Guitar Hero 3 numbers! I think because it's such an expensive purchase that both games will affect eachother, meaning few people will buy both.

Guys, I honestly don't think Guitar Hero is comparible, especially when predicting high numbers. The original GH did not sell well when it first came out. But it's addictive gameplay made every owners friends want one themselves and it slowly but surely spread to become the monster it is today.

Around the Network

Wii Fit is not really a game just wanted to point that out, since everyone keeps calling it that.

I'm gonna guess 60k first day and 120k first week. I'm hoping that I'm incredibly off just like I was with SMG. At least I can be happy about it if I'm wrong this time.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

darkside140 said:
Wii Fit is not really a game just wanted to point that out, since everyone keeps calling it that.

Well, that is partly true.

Still trollish though.

450k first week?

Was not trying to be trollish, was just pointing out a fact. I dont consider Brain Age to be a game either. Didn't say it would not be fun, just said to me it is not a game. I own a Wii and will be buying Wii Fit. Not sure how that statment was trollish so if you could explain, so I don't accidently troll agian. Not sure how to copy a post and then add comments, this is inregards to what MontanaHatchet said.