By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL WiiFit 1st week sale thread (Japan)

80/200k. 150k the week after that, and the week after that, and the week after that, and the week after that, and the week after that.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

If there was no physical version of them before today and someone released checkers, chess, solitare or scrabble it is likely that people would debate whether they're really games. Back at E3 2004 (I believe) Nintendo talked about how they were moving away from making "Videogames" into producing "Interactive Entertainment." Personally, I think their distinction was because "Videogames" has become too narrow of a definition focusing too heavily on existing genres.

I like that Interactive Entertainment, sounds good to me. That would cover everything fromMario to Guitar Hero to Wii fit.

As for sales 120k first day 175k first week. But I think if it is used right, I think it would be cool for a RPG game or the gun game in arcades were you can duck behind things. If people get behind it then I would say millions easily in its lifetime.

@ Kamil: The way I see it, you can't judge WiiFit vs any game out there. This is a different animal altogether and will appeal to an totally different group primarily.

While many gamers will get it, I see it's main market to be women and mature people who want to stay in shape but are too lazy to work out. How many people do you know who have dropped $500 or so for a treadmill or other exercise equipment, used it for a week, let it collect dust for a year and then sold it, often to repeat with gym membership or other fitness thing later? I know a lot. This will win over that market cause it's fitness, it's fun, it's not expensive comparitively to gym membership or treadmills or whatnot (even with Wii cost factored it), and they'll feel it'll get them to do what they want to do but always put off because it's not normally fun.

In the end I figure most of these people will still use WiiFit for a limited duration (but better than treadmills, etc) and then it'll either collect dust or they'll buy WiiSports or DDR or something else to 'try again'.

I hope less than 251.000, despite the fact I've already pre ordered my version. I'm pissed Mario Galaxy didn't sell more and casual stuff like this would sell like cupcakes.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

darkside140 said:
Who said anything about Wii sports. That would be a game nothing like Wiifit. Doing yoga rather in a gym or on your pad is not a game. Playing sports in real life is game, playing sports on Wii would still be a game. Doing yoga in a gym is fitness, doing yoga at home is still fitness. If it is fun then it is fun is that not what matters?

So... I'm guessing you missed the Wiifit Goalie game that Reggie was playing at some event or another then?

Aside from the Yoga there are games built in it, a lot like Wii Sports.

Around the Network

The thing about the casual gamer market is that there arent as many buyers that are fanatics as in hardcore game inustry so there wont be as many buyers that will be waiting for the release date to come, Nintendo have to market it well for it to outsell SMG, if they do then I think it probably will.

maybe 200,000 first week sales

I'll say 100,000 to 150,000 though. I think it'll be one of those things that will make more news if it "sells out" then if it sells a large number.

Plus it's probably going to be a pain to do the logistics on... Nintendo's already had production problems, so i can see them having a problem turning out enough pressure pads.

I think it will sell around 130k in the first week, but it will also have really long legs to push it to 700k or so.

It wii sell 450 plus its first week and its gonna sell 10 million at the end of its lifespan.

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|