By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL WiiFit 1st week sale thread (Japan)

How isn't Brain Age a game!? Is it too casual or not story-driven.

If you have the ability to interact in it it is a game.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

A video game is a game that typically involves user/player interaction with a controller interface to generate visual feedback on a video screen.

Is that possible on Brain age and WiiFit? Yes? Then it is a game.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I agree with darkside, WiiFit is not what would be traditionally called a 'game'. It's more like fitness made fun. Even Nintendo has said they are looking to produce software that while entertaining is not specfically a 'game'.

Nothing wrong or trollish about that.

Brain Age is not a game, it helps increase memory and math skills i suppose. It just does so in a fun way. I have both Brain Age games for DS and Big Brain for Wii. I would say Big Brain is a game but Brian Age is a fun educational tool. That is just my opinion. Im looking foward to Smartypants for my family but even that imo is a border line game.

dtewi said:
A video game is a game that typically involves user/player interaction with a controller interface to generate visual feedback on a video screen.

Is that possible on Brain age and WiiFit? Yes? Then it is a game.

They have driver education videos and computer programs that fit that description. No one calls those games. Not saying it will not be fun just that I dont consider it a game.

Around the Network

I don't know why almost everyone think WiiFit is going to sell that much. It's not an established franchise, it's expensive and it probably won't be that much of a fun (it's not a game afterall). I'm not saying that WiiFit won't be a hit and won't sell a lot eventually. But I find it very unprobably that it will start with mega number like 500k. I belive that it may actually become a phenomen but thanks to its legs not massive first week sales.

SMG is an established franchise and sold only 250k so what do you expect from new title with higher price which isn't even a game? WiiFit won't sell becouse you want it to. This is the same wishful thinking you've used with SMG.

My first prediction was 50k first week and I actually thought that it was a little low. But after second thought my opinion is that 50k may be even a bit optimistic (and not as bad start for the title).

PS. Anybody knows how many WiiFit will be avalible first week?

wii sports isn't a game either??? ONOZ

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Who said anything about Wii sports. That would be a game nothing like Wiifit. Doing yoga rather in a gym or on your pad is not a game. Playing sports in real life is game, playing sports on Wii would still be a game. Doing yoga in a gym is fitness, doing yoga at home is still fitness. If it is fun then it is fun is that not what matters?

If there was no physical version of them before today and someone released checkers, chess, solitare or scrabble it is likely that people would debate whether they're really games. Back at E3 2004 (I believe) Nintendo talked about how they were moving away from making "Videogames" into producing "Interactive Entertainment." Personally, I think their distinction was because "Videogames" has become too narrow of a definition focusing too heavily on existing genres.

100k first day, 200k first week

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.