By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Year for Every System by Game Quality?

Edouble24 said:
Carl2291 said:
TheSource said:

I guess for me when I talk about game quality I'm talking about variety and innovation. So for X360 I'm not saying it doesn't have games that appeal to its audience, but in terms of stuff to be really excited about because its new and fresh it does seem a little past its prime. Natal may shake this up, but it probably won't see its best content, if it is successful until 2011/2012.

In that case, can you tell us what the Wii has lined up that makes its lineup the best it's had?

If you don't mind... I have no idea what the Wii has lined up.

Galaxy 2, Metroid, Zelda, Monster Hunter, Tales of Graces, No More Heroes, Fragile, Sin and Punishment 2, Red Steel 2, Epic Mickey. I'm sure I've missed plenty but this looks like the first truly great year for the Wii. However I still say 360 has the superior lineup. Hell it has 3 great titles right in January and 2 of them are probably going to be rated over 9.0 universally (Bayonetta and ME2). The software lineup doesn't slow down either.

A whole lot of that lineup isn't really that innovative at all though.

Infact, AFAIK, the only "innovate" thing on Wii next year is Vitality Sensor. We can't really say much about anything else.

Around the Network

Well I don't agree with TheSource that Wii has some amazing innovative lineup while 360 doesn't, you just said you had no idea what was coming so I named some stuff. Innovative or not most of those games should be awesome.

Edouble24 said:
Well I don't agree with TheSource that Wii has some amazing innovative lineup while 360 doesn't, you just said you had no idea what was coming so I named some stuff. Innovative or not most of those games should be awesome.

No denying that at all. All platforms have some pretty awesome games lined up.

I just don't understand how Source can have Wii 2010 > any other year based on variety and innovation. The only thing that really innovates from what i've seen is Vitality Sensor. Even then we don't have any idea of the games it will have.

Alot of interesting stuff is coming as far as platformers go for Wii. Particularly with regards to drawing as a new mechanic for platformers. It will be in Epic Mickey and a number of the WiiWare platformers.

Beyond that there is the Vitality Sensor. We don't know what it will do, but if I worked at EA or THQ or Nintendo, I'd be working on a game that uses truth/lying as a play mechanic not some expansion of a horror or a fitness game. Can you imagine how much fun a multiplayer game centered on lying would be? "Do you like this game" if you say "no" you could get a game over....crazy shit like that." How about "is my girlfriend hotter than his" and just have everyone answer...the lie/vitality/pulse detector. Seems like a blast to me.

Traditional stuff is coming to Wii as well. Sky Crawlers, Monster Hunter 3, Samurai Warriors 3 - all that stuff will do ok in the west and establish a base for a handfull of successors.

With X360/PS3 you probably had the best years for new genres/bringing old genres onto the systems in 2007-2009. For Wii, I just feel like a lot of stuff that should have been on the system/ should have been thought of earlier is actually coming in 2010.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

PS3 2009/2010
Wii 2008
360 2007/2008

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

I don't see how Wii''s 2006 can be above any other year... I mean, what we got in 2006? Zelda, Wii Sports, Raving Rabbids, Elebits, Super Swing Golf, Red Steel and... Far Cry Vengeance.

What about 2008? Brawl, World of Goo, Okami, Rock Bands, Guitar Hero WT, Boom Blox, Megaman 9, Mario Kart, No More Heroes, de Blob, Wii Fit, Wario Land...

And yes, I'm talking at you TheSource :D

Zelda, Wii Sports, and Elebits are 3 of my favorite Wii games. And until Motion+ came out, Super Swing Golf was my favorite golf game. I thought 2006 was awesome. But... I think it got awesomer every year, so I'd say 2006 was the least awesome year.

xbox 360:

2010 > 2007 > 2009 > 2008 > 2006 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cats > 2005

Ask selnor/nightsurge why

PS3:

2010 > 2008 > 2009 > 2007 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Ghost of RubangB >> 2006

For me as GT5 & FFXIII are out this year 2010 is the best year & yeah 2008 was better than this year for me cus of MGS4!

Wii:

2010 > 2007 > 2008 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats >>>>>> 2006

As it has the holy quadranity (Metroid, Mario, Zelda & Wii Vitality Sensor = the new breakout casual game for the year)

OVERALL:

PS3 will once again have the best lineup for the 3rd year running (lets make the hat rick sony

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

How do you know 2010 is going to be better then any other year if were only a week in 2010? All these games comoing out could turn out to be horrible?

PS3: 2009 > 2008 > 2007 > 2006

Wii: 2007 > 2006 > 2008 > 2009

maybe its just me living ineurope but i saw 2008 as way better than 2007.

2007 had 2 epics in MP3 and Galaxy but apart from that it was pretty barren.

2008 has batallion wars 2, fire emblem, brawl, mario kart, disaster and no more heroes.

so for me i expect 2010>2008>2009>2007>2006

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia