By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL Changing the WorldatCES 2010!!!

I'm fine with the discussion just not some arrogant, condescending, antagonising pseudo-clairvoyant trying to preach their negative view for something that has no interest to them whatsoever. Do you get a kick out of provoking people or are you just one of those prententious people that makes those 'see, I was right you were wrong' threads?

Around the Network

Fumanchu aka Blowhard

Natal sucks balls and will eat your children....everyone happy?

^ YES!!! LOL

anyway it's all in good time, MS will have to show something that will split it apart from people calling it a gimmick of the wii or playstation eye. i'm looking foward to see what MS will bring.

Fumanchu said:
I'm fine with the discussion just not some arrogant, condescending, antagonising pseudo-clairvoyant trying to preach their negative view for something that has no interest to them whatsoever. Do you get a kick out of provoking people or are you just one of those prententious people that makes those 'see, I was right you were wrong' threads?

Oh? Go read my first post in this thread again, I did not think it was particularly provacative when I wrote it. I more or less said I thought it would not be able to steal Wii's audience and that it would be some time before it really became a game changer or huge like some people were saying. Forgive me for thinking someone might have an insightful counter argument that would provoke non-gutter discussion.

And I do have an interest in Natal, match it with some 3d goggles and a lightsaber and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I just dont think thats going to happen for a long long time.

Around the Network

Tech needs to be proven yet. Social advertising failed (Jimmy Fallon using Natal, failed demo on Good Morning America, etc)

I think it will sell to current 360 owners, but not really draw upon a new audience.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

wow this thread got derailed... Thats too bad because it was a slightly interesting topic which i no longer care to discuss anymore

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Natal is an amazing concept for an interface to PCs. I am very excited about it, maybe even hook it up to a TV instead of a remote control. Definitely getting one once all the bugs are stamped out/

As a video gaming controller it is shit and worthless for any genre that I can think of other than ones I can get on the Wii anyhow. Just look at how laughably pathetic the Half-Life 2 video leak was.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

There were some great shots of the Natal outputs during the CES keynote. Looks neat.

vlad321 said:
Natal is an amazing concept for an interface to PCs. I am very excited about it, maybe even hook it up to a TV instead of a remote control. Definitely getting one once all the bugs are stamped out/

As a video gaming controller it is shit and worthless for any genre that I can think of other than ones I can get on the Wii anyhow. Just look at how laughably pathetic the Half-Life 2 video leak was.

I just don't get this nonsensical meme that the half-life video was bad.  If you weren't blown away by how awesome that video was then you either are seriously anti-MS or lack the cognitive ability to extrapolate the impact of the demonstration.