By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL Changing the WorldatCES 2010!!!

libellule said:
The guy is not hyping Natal ... he praising this type of technology and guess what ? he is working on it !

Eye Toy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Natal until it is released ....
LOL. I have the new video of natal where it explains how it works. LOL. It's tyhe first trickle from CES 2010. LOL at Eyetoy is like Natal. Those fans feel silly now. LOL.

Around the Network
jarypo_87 said:
Natal is just an accessory for those two stupid to use a keyboard and mouse. It's been the plan of Microsoft for ages. (Mostly for military applications)

Anyway, this is the death of gaming and technology I suppose. Changing the world? This thing is absolutely nothing special and it's a shame. As a hardware engineer I find it insulting, I guess money can even make shit smell like roses.

When you insult someones intelligence, you should probably proofread your post.

Videogaming is about entertainment primarily, technology should never be the center of discussion when the context is videogames. In terms of this device, what we've heard so far is mostly technology.

Until enough regular people have had hands on experience with Natal in the right context of use, I don't want to hear anything else. There's been too much meaningless PR-flavoured hyperbole for my liking.

makes me laugh how big 36o fans are making Natal out to be...

CES was ALL about 3D...not Natal....

PlaystaionGamer said:

Sorry that people are discussing something from Microsoft that they are interested in on a forum about Microsoft.

Around the Network
Cueil said:
Everyone keep saying this is the Wii's market, but I can't seem to find the 3D senor cam on the Wii anywhere

3D is Sony's market.. *TV's*

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

PlaystaionGamer said:

Really. I actually thought CES was mostly about M$ beating Apple to have the first slate PC developed and released first. It was amazing.

CGI-Quality said:
What's with all the bashing of this product? It's definitely got some push behind it. Even if it doesn't "set the world on fire" (to some people at least), how about we give it a shot before stamping the word "flop" on it.

I, for one, would love to see this concept take off, even if it doesn't become the next Wii-like phenomenon.

I think the reason why the backlash and skepticism is so large in magnitude, is because the hype and promises were also large[r] in magnitude. Take the title of this thread for example: "NATAL Changing the World".

Wow, so we have one guy claiming that the "inside word" is all the AAA studios are backing off support of Natal (without any source whatsoever). Then a PC fanboy trying to use a leaked video as an argument even though the video was filmed at a poor resolution and framerate so "lag" can't be determined, and the videos show a standard camera on a stand in front of the guy, not Natal. And he apparently did not understand that this was a very quick demo just for the "proof of concept" and was not meant to be perfect. Otherwise they would have added a hand on the screen to see where to press buttons, among lots of other improvements to make it look better. And then finally we have someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about and is following the "MS is evil" train by claiming that MS is just selling us old tech to take advantage of old people and rip us all off.....

Love the positive attitudes!

I guess all the hate must mean this product really is going to make lots of waves when it releases. After all, the biggest and best products are usually the ones with the strongest hate audience (Windows, many movies, the Wii, etc.)

nightsurge said:

Wow, so we have one guy claiming that the "inside word" is all the AAA studios are backing off support of Natal (without any source whatsoever). Then a PC fanboy trying to use a leaked video as an argument even though the video was filmed at a poor resolution and framerate so "lag" can't be determined, and the videos show a standard camera on a stand in front of the guy, not Natal. And he apparently did not understand that this was a very quick demo just for the "proof of concept" and was not meant to be perfect. Otherwise they would have added a hand on the screen to see where to press buttons, among lots of other improvements to make it look better. And then finally we have someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about and is following the "MS is evil" train by claiming that MS is just selling us old tech to take advantage of old people and rip us all off.....

Love the positive attitudes!

I guess all the hate must mean this product really is going to make lots of waves when it releases. After all, the biggest and best products are usually the ones with the strongest hate audience (Windows, many movies, the Wii, etc.)

Here, Here.