By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox in Japan, is that it?

So 2008 was a great year for the Xbox brand in Japan (as great as it was gonna get) It had a bunch of JRPG's and reached 25k one week.

Have Microsoft given up? It's clearly not worth their efforts anymore, I think they've done as much as they can, or maybe they're planning a big Natal JRPG?!

Around the Network
Seece said:

So 2008 was a great year for the Xbox brand in Japan (as great as it was gonna get) It had a bunch of JRPG's and reached 25k one week.

Have Microsoft given up? It's clearly not worth their efforts anymore, I think they've done as much as they can, or maybe they're planning a big Natal JRPG?!

That'd be awesome to see how a JRPG would turn out on Natal....though i really wouldnt like walking from one town to another hehe XD

It's pretty much over. The Wii and PS3 are big and really Microsoft has exhausted it's resources in Japan.

And there's probably no coming back with FFXIII and NSMBW which are big hit. FFXIII Versus will finish up the scraps.

I think its time to pack it in. They will probably push Natal a bit and if it catches on with Japanese devs maybe they can squeak out some decent sales for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Xbox was finished in Japan years ago

are we talking about xbox or xbox 360 seece?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The sales in 2009 went up, compared to 2008. Why is it finished?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

For the amount of money they have pumped into Japan to get 1million gamers, they could have got 2 million more in the US with that money spent on advertising.

I surely hope it is done.
It is time for MS to get their asses off of the land of the rising sun.
They have nothing to do there...

It wasn't worth it...
they should focus more on Europe now.

When Japanese people don't appreciate what Microsoft has done for them, then they also don't deserve that kind of service anymore.

Microsoft should pay a popular American band/soloist to promote the xbox in Japan. Instead of just dumping money they need a gimmick.