By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG Public Servers Up on East Coast!!

Rawnchie14 said:
luvtospooge said:
Game kinda sucks. Friendly fire + respawning time is the worst thing ever...Sniping sucks ass and you can basically shoot without aiming...The game's definitely not on par with either Killzone 2 or Modern Warfare 2...

I would prefer 126 players with good gameplay and decent graphics rather than 256 players, bad gameplay and graphics.

Spot on with what I was thinking.  They were selling the gimmick of having mass players, when they forgot to make a game first.

Gimmick is a bit harsh...they just need to figure out something that'll encourage teamwork.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Leveled up enough to stop getting destroyed by players who had beefed up their soldiers with bonus health/bullet damage. It took grenade spamming/complete camping to get to that point, and the gameplay hasn't got any more interesting since.

The experience is so foul for new players, who get dismantled by people who play far more, and have overboard advantage in the game. Either this needs to be fixed, or MAG will shoo away the common gamer.

huaxiong90 said:
Well, there needs to be something that'll encourage more teamwork...so many people are just fooling around...

and the servers are unstable. I get kicked out a lot. I was only able to join one game.

Zipper better get their shit together, and soon.

That's what they're doing now.

The private beta's are for gameplay tweaks, adjustments and changes.

Public beta's are for server testing. Working out connections. There's nothing wrong with the game, all of the issues you're experiencing are on their side of things. It's the 4th day and things have cooled down quite a bit. The first 8 hours of the public beta for me, I got to play like 3 games at best.

Now I get a connection problem like once every 5 games, and I (like many others) am still visiting the furoms, reporting these issues in the threads zipper's made for reporting. Cool thing is that they actually gives status updates of what's going on. 

4 ≈ One

huaxiong90 said:
Rawnchie14 said:
luvtospooge said:
Game kinda sucks. Friendly fire + respawning time is the worst thing ever...Sniping sucks ass and you can basically shoot without aiming...The game's definitely not on par with either Killzone 2 or Modern Warfare 2...

I would prefer 126 players with good gameplay and decent graphics rather than 256 players, bad gameplay and graphics.

Spot on with what I was thinking.  They were selling the gimmick of having mass players, when they forgot to make a game first.

Gimmick is a bit harsh...they just need to figure out something that'll encourage teamwork.

Okay okay, agreed.  Problem with these online games, especially massive ones like this, is that it can be hard to encourage that kind of behavior.

But what I'm saying is that the obvious hit to graphics/gameplay due to the nature of the massive action, are real turn offs.

@dgc: All right good. This game has potential, and contrary to what people say, the graphics are decent for a game of such scale. But it's important they encourage teamwork. I mean, I was low on health, and I gave an order for a medic, but nobody comes to heal me.

Around the Network
Rawnchie14 said:
Leveled up enough to stop getting destroyed by players who had beefed up their soldiers with bonus health/bullet damage. It took grenade spamming/complete camping to get to that point, and the gameplay hasn't got any more interesting since.

The experience is so foul for new players, who get dismantled by people who play far more, and have overboard advantage in the game. Either this needs to be fixed, or MAG will shoo away the common gamer.

You didn't answer my question...

Here's some usefull advice but it's hard to work with in Sabotage most of the time since that's where most of the new players are and they just decide to bleed out as soon as they hit the ground.

Your first 4 skill points should go to Healing and Resuscitate. Make sure you equip the Med kit and not just stick with First Aid Kit(only works on yourself). Now you can heal others (including yourself) and revive others (only 2 half health though). Medic work brings in a huge amount of XP, especially if you're sticking to objectives. After that, your skill points can go where ever you please.

Also, your comment about struggling as a new gamer; that's the case with pretty much every FPS if you don't but it at launch... When i first got KZ2 in the summer, I was pretty much getting dismantled online from bots and RPG noobs. Also, my pistol felt pretty useless [HAVE TO go for headshots] and it sucked even more when others who had magnums where killing me in two shots while I had full health.

4 ≈ One

huaxiong90 said:

@dgc: All right good. This game has potential, and contrary to what people say, the graphics are decent for a game of such scale. But it's important they encourage teamwork. I mean, I was low on health, and I gave an order for a medic, but nobody comes to heal me.

They do. You get double experience for sticking to and performing objectives. Problem is you never really see the good aspects of the game until you play something like Domination, although there'll still be a bad game or two do to idiots. [Don't know why they only have two modes in this beta... perhaps Derectives does work but I haven't played a game of that yet]. Your squad is also usually much more successful when sticking together [something that hardly ever happens in Sabotage].

Problem is [especially in sab], there's always going to be a ton of idiots in an online shooter and sabotage is just full of that. Domination to a lesser degree but it's still noticable. 

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
huaxiong90 said:

They do. You get double experience for sticking to and performing objectives. Problem is you never really see the good aspects of the game until you play something like Domination, although there'll still be a bad game or two do to idiots. [Don't know why they only have two modes in this beta... perhaps Derectives does work but I haven't played a game of that yet]. Your squad is also usually much more successful when sticking together [something that hardly ever happens in Sabotage].

Problem is [especially in sab], there's always going to be a ton of idiots in an online shooter and sabotage is just full of that. Domination to a lesser degree but it's still noticable. 

Ok, but I do want teamwork regardless of game mode, lol. I'm sure though Zipper will figure something out.

So far, it is a really great game.
I only have 1 major complaint, sometimes you get into a map where there are literally hordes of people who camp your spawn so you can't get out of spawn without getting shot at and/or killed. There is no way to flag these people from doing it or do a vote-kick against them unless they are in your own squad.
I know other games have spawn campers too, but at least they have a way of resolving it.
Other then this, the only other complaint I have is that you can't play this game with a KBM setup.

Dgc1808 said:
Rawnchie14 said:

You didn't answer my question...

Here's some usefull advice but it's hard to work with in Sabotage most of the time since that's where most of the new players are and they just decide to bleed out as soon as they hit the ground.

Your first 4 skill points should go to Healing and Resuscitate. Make sure you equip the Med kit and not just stick with First Aid Kit(only works on yourself). Now you can heal others (including yourself) and revive others (only 2 half health though). Medic work brings in a huge amount of XP, especially if you're sticking to objectives. After that, your skill points can go where ever you please.

Also, your comment about struggling as a new gamer; that's the case with pretty much every FPS if you don't but it at launch... When i first got KZ2 in the summer, I was pretty much getting dismantled online from bots and RPG noobs. Also, my pistol felt pretty useless [HAVE TO go for headshots] and it sucked even more when others who had magnums where killing me in two shots while I had full health.

I've been mentioning this a number of times. It's important to spend the first 4 skill points on Medical Kit and then Resuscitate. With Medical Kit, you get a new medic gun that can spray team mates to heal them if they're hurt and you'll get XP as their health refills. Once you get Resuscitate, you use the improved medic gun to revive downed team mates and you'll you get 10xp for each teammate you revive. If you do it in a Frag-O zone, that's a free 20xp!

Even if your team eventually loses, you can still rake in a lot of XP.