By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG Public Servers Up on East Coast!!

Raistline said:
So far, it is a really great game.
I only have 1 major complaint, sometimes you get into a map where there are literally hordes of people who camp your spawn so you can't get out of spawn without getting shot at and/or killed. There is no way to flag these people from doing it or do a vote-kick against them unless they are in your own squad.
I know other games have spawn campers too, but at least they have a way of resolving it.
Other then this, the only other complaint I have is that you can't play this game with a KBM setup.

I've mainly been playing Sabotage, but I think there were times when we were doing that to the enemy on Raven's defense map. Either because they were short players, they were just unorganized, or they were trying to mass their forces on the other objective the opposition was weak enough where we could venture past our base into the stream area.

At the same time, you're able to see their spawn building once you walk past the walls surrounding Raven's objective so maybe it's just a balancing thing?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
My god people suck. Look at this typical example I see in almost every game.

Pathetic scores and pathetic kill/death ratios, these people were mostly camping so I guess they just cannot shoot for toffee.

...and just incase you think it was a crappy squad and the rest of the team was good.

Better, but not a lot. Also yes, amazingly we won which means the other team must have been even worse than the one I was on.

Well at least this isn't the same SVER of the last beta phase :P

Fun so far, it may take some time to work out the kinks, This many players is a first for a console, getting servers right may take some time. Ounce played a bit and you understand what is going on , then build a good team , this game will be great. Right now everybody is learning what the fuck they are doing.

IllegalPaladin said:
Dgc1808 said:
Rawnchie14 said:
Leveled up enough to stop getting destroyed by players who had beefed up their soldiers with bonus health/bullet damage. It took grenade spamming/complete camping to get to that point, and the gameplay hasn't got any more interesting since.

The experience is so foul for new players, who get dismantled by people who play far more, and have overboard advantage in the game. Either this needs to be fixed, or MAG will shoo away the common gamer.

You didn't answer my question...

Here's some usefull advice but it's hard to work with in Sabotage most of the time since that's where most of the new players are and they just decide to bleed out as soon as they hit the ground.

Your first 4 skill points should go to Healing and Resuscitate. Make sure you equip the Med kit and not just stick with First Aid Kit(only works on yourself). Now you can heal others (including yourself) and revive others (only 2 half health though). Medic work brings in a huge amount of XP, especially if you're sticking to objectives. After that, your skill points can go where ever you please.

Also, your comment about struggling as a new gamer; that's the case with pretty much every FPS if you don't but it at launch... When i first got KZ2 in the summer, I was pretty much getting dismantled online from bots and RPG noobs. Also, my pistol felt pretty useless [HAVE TO go for headshots] and it sucked even more when others who had magnums where killing me in two shots while I had full health.

I've been mentioning this a number of times. It's important to spend the first 4 skill points on Medical Kit and then Resuscitate. With Medical Kit, you get a new medic gun that can spray team mates to heal them if they're hurt and you'll get XP as their health refills. Once you get Resuscitate, you use the improved medic gun to revive downed team mates and you'll you get 10xp for each teammate you revive. If you do it in a Frag-O zone, that's a free 20xp!

Even if your team eventually loses, you can still rake in a lot of XP.

The game puts you on the battlefield so abruptly without training. I know that you can read the training but Comon man its multiplayer only, you can't practice of single player. The game should have training modes like warhawk...

Also it's just so frustruating to have your own teamate kill you everytime you respawn...then you have to wait...and the freaking fact is that you can only vote to expell players in your Squad. The system should be like Modern Warfare 2, where in Hardcore, if you kill your team mates too many times, it's auto expell..

luvtospooge said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Dgc1808 said:
Rawnchie14 said:
Leveled up enough to stop getting destroyed by players who had beefed up their soldiers with bonus health/bullet damage. It took grenade spamming/complete camping to get to that point, and the gameplay hasn't got any more interesting since.

The experience is so foul for new players, who get dismantled by people who play far more, and have overboard advantage in the game. Either this needs to be fixed, or MAG will shoo away the common gamer.

You didn't answer my question...

Here's some usefull advice but it's hard to work with in Sabotage most of the time since that's where most of the new players are and they just decide to bleed out as soon as they hit the ground.

Your first 4 skill points should go to Healing and Resuscitate. Make sure you equip the Med kit and not just stick with First Aid Kit(only works on yourself). Now you can heal others (including yourself) and revive others (only 2 half health though). Medic work brings in a huge amount of XP, especially if you're sticking to objectives. After that, your skill points can go where ever you please.

Also, your comment about struggling as a new gamer; that's the case with pretty much every FPS if you don't but it at launch... When i first got KZ2 in the summer, I was pretty much getting dismantled online from bots and RPG noobs. Also, my pistol felt pretty useless [HAVE TO go for headshots] and it sucked even more when others who had magnums where killing me in two shots while I had full health.

I've been mentioning this a number of times. It's important to spend the first 4 skill points on Medical Kit and then Resuscitate. With Medical Kit, you get a new medic gun that can spray team mates to heal them if they're hurt and you'll get XP as their health refills. Once you get Resuscitate, you use the improved medic gun to revive downed team mates and you'll you get 10xp for each teammate you revive. If you do it in a Frag-O zone, that's a free 20xp!

Even if your team eventually loses, you can still rake in a lot of XP.

The game puts you on the battlefield so abruptly without training. I know that you can read the training but Comon man its multiplayer only, you can't practice of single player. The game should have training modes like warhawk...

Also it's just so frustruating to have your own teamate kill you everytime you respawn...then you have to wait...and the freaking fact is that you can only vote to expell players in your Squad. The system should be like Modern Warfare 2, where in Hardcore, if you kill your team mates too many times, it's auto expell..

Yes I'm aware of that, but like many other games (including the early days of Warhawk), you'll just have to learn it on your own and take tips and suggestions from others.

I agree that it can be annoying when somebody makes a dumb move directly after a respawn and a majority of the times it's been a knife swipe. However, I haven't seen this happen all the time and I've only seen somebody intentionally killing other players in the spawn once or twice. Being auto-kicked for something like that isn't new and could help curb excessive teamkillers should the problem get worse.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Problem with kicks for teamkills is you always get teammates stand by an armed bunker or something else that blows up, and they all die when it blows which counts as a TK for every single one.

The training is only text for the beta, in full game is a proper in-game training session, they just wanted to make the beta file as small as possible.

If anything, perhaps something based on the location or something could be useful like X amount of teamkills in the spawn within a certain amount of time. Obviously there could be an accidental grenade flung, but oops?I have the same feeling about objectives especially today after I made a few teamkills (and a suicide) being near an objective I planted charges on.

As for the training, I figured since it said that you get one skill point for doing it.

Raistline said:
So far, it is a really great game.
I only have 1 major complaint, sometimes you get into a map where there are literally hordes of people who camp your spawn so you can't get out of spawn without getting shot at and/or killed. There is no way to flag these people from doing it or do a vote-kick against them unless they are in your own squad.
I know other games have spawn campers too, but at least they have a way of resolving it.
Other then this, the only other complaint I have is that you can't play this game with a KBM setup.

I don't think there's anything wrong with camping around the enemy's spawn.  If you're trying to stop them taking an objective, what's wrong with stopping them as early/as far away as possible, why should you allow them to get to/near their objective before killing them?