By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MAG Public Servers Up on East Coast!!

That's what you do in war, and as far as I know, Zipper Interactive have nailed war games since Socom on the ps2. This isn't Call Of Duty or Halo run and gun, you are going to have to change your play style a bit, if you want to survive.

PS: Going off Socom knowledge of course.

Around the Network

Yeah so played my first match and it was alright. Straight to first position in my squad with only 12 kills and 7 deaths (yeah we sucked)
But I already had a nice killingstreak of 7, which was cool.

Guess what happened when I first joined. A 12 year old boy cried into the mic and I got backstabbed by my own teammate....

Barozi said:

Yeah so played my first match and it was alright. Straight to first position in my squad with only 12 kills and 7 deaths (yeah we sucked)

Guess what happened when I first joined. A 12 year old boy cried into the mic and I got backstabbed by my own teammate....

Friendly fire in the game?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
Barozi said:

Friendly fire in the game?

I guess so. I mean it was very near the spawn point and I had only 32 health left. I called a medic and looked towards the spawn point, but every medic was at the front at this time.

Waited a bit more and then someone backstabbed me, while I was watching the medics running behind the enemy lines.

Oh and his name was in blue and not red, so yeah it was a teammate.

@libellule - the game feels like last year compared to other first person shooters on consoles. Sure, there's alot of people, but the gameplay is simply sub par compared to games like MW2, Team Fortress 2 and killzone 2. Im going to try a few more times before I decide, but the games a HUGE letdown so far.

Around the Network

Yes, there is friendly fire.

It's really annoying when people decide to test their knives in the spawn....

Anyway, looks like the server(s) is acting up again, but I at least got in a bunch of games between server troubles.

--

Tip for new players, you'll want to unlock the ability to revive fallen team mates because each revive nets you 10xp. Since you have to spend 2 skill points on the first tier of unlocks before the revive ability is available and you'll need another 2 skill points to unlock the ability to revive.

It's not only a great asset to your team, but it nets you more experience than a kill. It's especially helpful when you're in Frag-O zones because xp is doubled in those areas so you'd get a nice 20xp.

perpride said:
@libellule - the game feels like last year compared to other first person shooters on consoles. Sure, there's alot of people, but the gameplay is simply sub par compared to games like MW2, Team Fortress 2 and killzone 2. Im going to try a few more times before I decide, but the games a HUGE letdown so far.

I think it's something that has to grow on you after a little while like it did for me, especially when you start out since you have to unlock the better weapons and abilities. It's not as fast paced as something like Modern Warfare 2 and requires some strategy and teamwork in order to win a battle. Sure, it can be a tall order to get one or more squads working together let alone an entire team, but it's pretty sweet and intense when it clicks. 

Ultibankai said:
That's what you do in war, and as far as I know, Zipper Interactive have nailed war games since Socom on the ps2. This isn't Call Of Duty or Halo run and gun, you are going to have to change your play style a bit, if you want to survive.

Well I did camp to kill the camper because he was annoying and was killing me every single time I passed there...Quite unfair and also the friendly fire is a bitch, sometimes you have douchebag team mates and they kill you after you respawn ( Accident or not, unforgiveable).

The feeling that you are in a war is surely successive, but the gameplay leaves me a bit more to desire... It's not as fluid as other games released this gen and the graphics are inferior to Source Engine games, in my opinion...I guess I'll play the beta more time and maybe Ill get to love it.

Ultibankai said:

People run and gun in Call of Duty??!! O_O'

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Ultibankai said:

People run and gun in Call of Duty??!! O_O'

You don't see the gun part because the rate of fire on the weapons is so high.

:P