By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site Redirects?

This is now happening to me a lot now, in fact, it redirected me to a site when I first clicked on this topic. It's so annoying. It is only this website that does it to me.

Around the Network

Why is it only happening with Firefox, though. I haven't used IE in a long time (but I am finding its much improved and sites look better than in FF) and haven't had ANY redirect problems.

Go Microsoft!

I have started using Safari and Chrome to surf VGChartz after I got my home laptop so mucked up with spyware.

I don't know where I got the infection (I was running safety protocols at the time). But this is the only site that I visit routinely where people complain about such issues. Generally, if memory serves me correctly, they occur second or third hand from some of the advertiser links rather than the site itself.

So I figured the more obscure the browser, the less chance of problems.

Mike from Morgantown
(currently on Safari on Windows).

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I've also been getting site re-directs, although, it just started happening today.. really annoying.

No wonder Google marks Vgchartz as an infected site. Clearly those in charge are doing a poor job picking advertisers and agencies because other sites I frequent don't seem to have the same problems. This is something you expect from a warez site or Pirate Bay, not high quality site like here.

The solution is noscript and adblock- no more invasive computer killing ads.

I personally only block sites once they have been proven to be untrustworthy, which Vgchartz has done on more than one occasion.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

pissing me off.

i remember this site keep redirecting to a fake anti virus site called macaffe or something like that

thats why i got ad block.  didnt want to do it, but had to

VGChartz also redirecting me annoyingly

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

I had it happen a few times one day about a week or 2 ago. My immediate response was to update and run my anti-virus and anti-spyware. When they found nothing, I returned to the site, and all was fine, including recently. All of this is in IE8.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Im using chrome and not getting any redirects, but I was when I used firefox a few days ago

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype