By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can wii do better sales in 2010 than 2009?

Can wii do better sales in 2010 than 2009?

Yes 112 69.14%

No 28 17.28%

Not sure yet 22 13.58%

Total:162

We all know here that the wii slowed down alot in 2009. Than picked up steam when the price cut was announced. Than we got
titles like New Super Mario Bros wii,wii sprots resort and Wii fit plus which came late in the year. Now that we have more titles in
2010. Can the wii do better or worse than 2009? Or will it slip even more down to 2007 levels or start its march back to 2008 levels.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Yep. Lower price and a much better lineup (especially 3rd party) almost ensure it, plus sustained sales from 2009's big 3 (NSMB, Sports Resort, Fit Plus) will be higher than 2008's big 3 (Mario Kart, Smash Brawl, Wii Fit). Global economic trends will probably help too.

it will be slightly higher than 2009 if Nintendo releases all the sweet stuff (SMG2/Zelda wii/Metroid) and finally releases some new colors (Red wii bundle with SMBW)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It has the potential to be up on last years sales.

Doesn't mean it wll be though.

I voted yes.

Nintendo is eager to maintain momentum. They lost it before and will now try their hardest.
With new core-games and more wii-products, they stand a good chance of doing it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Wii Fit Plus are obviously much stronger titles going into next year than Wii Music and Animal Crossing. With each of those games having good legs, the first part of the year should be good (especially with the price cut).

I think the second half of the year is tough to call. I think Wii Relax is what they expect to be a hit in the same fashion as Wii Fit.

No, because it peaked in 2008. Now it goes down the hill.

Lower price, NSMBWii keeping momentum, better line up this year than 2009, Wii should be betetr this year than 2009.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

2010 will be a better year for Wii than 2009 was for sure. If Nintendo has not learned from its mistakes and allows the Wii's momentum to collapse like it did in 2009 again this year I'd be totally shocked. Already we know it'll have a better start this year due to Mario having a better effect on hardware adoption than Animal Crossing and Wii Music ever could've.

So yeah, my vote it 2010 > 2009.

Sephiroth357 said:

No, because it peaked in 2008. Now it goes down the hill.

Even if that's true... that doesn't mean 2010 can't or won't be bigger than 2009, lol.