By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can wii do better sales in 2010 than 2009?

Can wii do better sales in 2010 than 2009?

Yes 112 69.14%

No 28 17.28%

Not sure yet 22 13.58%

Total:162

2008 yearly sales: 24,141,759

2009 YTD sales: 21,170,070

Even in a down year, Wii will end up around 22 million sold

Now next year it'll have the continued NSMB Wii sales, as well as Wii vitality and a much stronger lineup, so yeah, selling around 22 million+ is definitely possible

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Man I was hopeing to dig up this thread at the end of 2010 and let some people eat some crows. Come on guys. This is one sided

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Avinash_Tyagi said:
2008 yearly sales: 24,141,759

2009 YTD sales: 21,170,070

Even in a down year, Wii will end up around 22 million sold

Now next year it'll have the continued NSMB Wii sales, as well as Wii vitality and a much stronger lineup, so yeah, selling around 22 million+ is definitely possible

Wii crossed 20m for the yr how many times now? 2 or 3? PS2 only did it once? Interesting...Hey did I win my bet with Slimebeast then?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I think it can, as long as Nintendo doesn't forget to market software like it did last year Wii should be good.

jarrod said:
Sephiroth357 said:
jarrod said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Kenology said:
Sephiroth357 said:

No, because it peaked in 2008. Now it goes down the hill.

Even if that's true... that doesn't mean 2010 can't or won't be bigger than 2009, lol.

If something goes down the hill from the peak, why would it go back up?

Probably for the various reasons already listed in this thread (lower pricepoint, improved software lineup, higher caliber evergreens, general economic recovery).

Thats not a hill.

That doesn't make sense.  

It's not meant to make sense, he's just trolling around

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Around the Network

Easily.
It's cheaper now and they could cut the price even lower in late 2010 if they wanted to to make even more people kill eachother over a Wii next Christmas.

I think overtime It's gonna surpass PS2 sales if they don't put the Wii 2 for another 4+ years.

It's just that simple.

Sephiroth357 said:

No, because it peaked in 2008. Now it goes down the hill.

You should be more precise: the PS3 and X360 sales are located in "hills", the Wii and DS sales are located in mountains...

Now, 2009 was maybe (slightly) lower than 2008, mainly due to the crisis and the lack of AAA system sellers, but "downhill" for a system sellin' more than 20 millions a year, and bein' the most successful ever? It's maybe not "Everest" every year, but Anapurna is quite high too, you know...

No, obviously, you don't: you're just a troll livin in hills, of course... and your horizon seems very, very limited, lol...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

^And that guy said he uses the Internet to "get away from his problems", so he's just kicking up a row for the hell of it.

Just ignore him.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here