By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamekult FF13 import review - 7/10 - its a bad RPG, a bad FF

never_die said:
they gave LBP 7/10 so ..

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000082461_test.html

You can lift out a review with every site to demonstrate what you 're now demonstrating :) Means very little tbh

Around the Network

Looks like FFXIII is going to be the RE5 of 2010, a big established franchise which will probably get a lukewarm media reception - obviously still very high scores but not the 90+ metacritic we'd expect from one of gamings biggest franchises.

Would be kind of ironic though, RE5 was marked down for being too similiar to it's previous game and feeling rather dated. FFXIII on the other hand has strayed too far from it's core mechanics and introduces alot of new ideas and gameplay designs.

Probably be a love hate game like er, FFXII I guess.

Cool day one buy it means!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

libellule said:
papflesje said:
Pristine20 said:
whatever. Another unknown reviewer craves attention.

LOL

Just because YOU don't know this, doesn't mean it's a site craving attention. Gamekult has ALWAYS been incredibly strict. They don't release reviews when games come out, they release them when they've played the game thoroughly. You may not agree with their pov, but it's not a playboy or maxim-wannabe review. This site is legit and strict, that's all there is to it (unlike IGN's "Here, another game with 95/100 because we get the review early"-attitude). Whether the score is acceptable or not for FF XIII, I don't know, since I haven't played the game, but gamekult shouldn't be dismissed merely because you don't know it. It's a respectable gaming site.

yep, I do agree with this

it is just the best french videogame website

that does not mean there are perfect

9/10 for SFIV is too high to me (SF on HD)
9/10 for DoW2 also

Libellule and Papflesje are totally right, Gamekult is the number 2 french gaming site in terms of readers and clearly the number 1 in terms of credibility. 

It doesnt mean i always agree with their tests, far from it but at least they are serious, honest and they know their stuff.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
Xen said:
FF VI is a 6, but FF IX is a 9? A play on numbers and scores, eh? Because in reality, one is good, the other sucks. I'll leave you guessing which is which.

Gamekult can blow it out their ass.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
Xen, was FFX your first FF?

That was unnecessarily harsh

I just needed to confirm this, many pepole who played X as their first FF consider it as way better than it is, because it is their first :P

FFX is my first as well, and in my memories it is better than VI, even though I know that, objectively, FF6 has better plot, soundtrack and characters.

Plot is debateable, as is soundtrack. Characters in VI are better, that's true.

In the end, it's the subjective that matters to a gamer, and that is why Khuutra can like FF XII while I dread it... and why I like FFX, and he dreads it. Our argument on this shall never end.

@Darc Requiem: Ludacris? I was thinking Duke Nukem.

If it's a bad RPG, why did they give it 7/10?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

the more bad critics, the more i want to play this game. ^_^

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Xen said:
RageBot said:
Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
Xen, was FFX your first FF?

That was unnecessarily harsh

I just needed to confirm this, many pepole who played X as their first FF consider it as way better than it is, because it is their first :P

FFX is my first as well, and in my memories it is better than VI, even though I know that, objectively, FF6 has better plot, soundtrack and characters.

Plot is debateable, as is soundtrack. Characters in VI are better, that's true.

In the end, it's the subjective that matters to a gamer, and that is why Khuutra can like FF XII while I dread it... and why I like FFX, and he dreads it. Our argument on this shall never end.

@Darc Requiem: Ludacris? I was thinking Duke Nukem.

Oh sorry man, but you said they could "Blow It Out Their Ass" I immediately thought of Ludacris. I mean the name of the song is "Blow It Out Ya Ass." I use to play the song when I had a bad day at work.

As for FFXIII, I'm pretty sure I'll like it. I enjoyed FFX and if XIII is as much like it as they say then I'll probably like it. I remember when FFIX was released and after VII and VIII I was really down on the series. Reviewers and forum posters kept saying that if you like the older style FF games you'll like FFIX. I played FFIX and enjoyed it. It's in my top 5 Final Fantasy game list.  Hopefully XIII can enter that list.

don't trust this website, reviewers are so bad on every consoles