By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamekult FF13 import review - 7/10 - its a bad RPG, a bad FF

I personally find it strange that a "professional" reviewer is saying that the game is a "bad RPG" or even worse, a "bad Final Fantasy game", as if there was a single, 'very' specific characteristic that made a Final Fantasy game a good game, and a game lacking that characteristic, a bad game.
That is a very, very subjective approach seeing how each person may enjoy a Final Fantasy game for different reasons, like for example one would appreciate the production values and high quality cinematic presentation while other would focus on the intricate battle system and exploration.

There is, of course, 'some' degree of connection between all the FF games, but generally each game in the series takes the design and overall focus to different directions, which makes it more or less unique.

From what i can tell, FFXIII seems to focus on presentation and smoothness of the battle system, while leaving the exploration and side quests to bare minimum. Seeing how i rarely do exploring outside the main story in a FF game, I guess it'll feel right at home with this one ^_^

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:
Xen said:
The soundtrack was the best ever, I gotta give it that. No other FF soundtrack compares.

If you don't understand the Junction system, you shouldn't be playing JRPG's. It's an extremely simple system. Draw/refine spells, junction to stat. DONE. If you don't understand, refer to the tutorial. It explains the sysem perfectly.

IX's combat was too goddamn slow, and thanks to that, learning new abilities was a huge pain. Return to the roots is okay, the world is okay, but since everyone but Vivi, Freya, and Steiner suck, it's hard to play. Remember - you have to bear with your characters all the time.

Wasn't talking about myself when I mentioned Final Fantasy VIII just incase you were talking about me :(. I mastered that and have already done 2 speedrun's on the PSN version of the game, B-B-B-B-Broken!

Nah, I meant them.

And if exploited correctly, it IS broken. So very broken dude... especially thanks to Triple Crack.

i will say it as FF is religion for me even it gets a 01 from every single site in the planet for it will be the best game ever created
for every other game reviews is factor for me to buy it like star ocean 4

Xen, was FFX your first FF?

And anyway:

FF9's plot may not be ths best in the series, however, it is better than 8's and 10's plot, and the characters are the best in the series (Vivi is the single best character in FF history, and they also have Freya, Steiner, Zidane, Beatrix, a wonderful cast).

I really liked the battle system (disliked the trance system though) and I really liked the leveling system, I liked the synthesis, I also liked the fact that each character has a specific "purpose" in battle.

I also liked how, despite looking the most childish, it is actually the most tragic FF, if you don't think so, play the game again.

And the summons were cool.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Yes.

Around the Network
RageBot said:

That was unnecessarily harsh

Whoa I knew it, from the first review I read, this FF is too linear and limited, if it was more like FFX (which was less linear and had a better battle system), then I would not have minded, the final straw was with the battle system, why on on earth include WRPG elements if they are not going to make it an open explorable world??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Khuutra said:
RageBot said:

That was unnecessarily harsh

I just needed to confirm this, many pepole who played X as their first FF consider it as way better than it is, because it is their first :P

FFX is my first as well, and in my memories it is better than VI, even though I know that, objectively, FF6 has better plot, soundtrack and characters.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

they gave LBP 7/10 so ..

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000082461_test.html

Wow, so much for the games 3 year hype.