By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Final Fantasy XIII get a rating over 90%?

I got called idiot for saying FF was past but hey it's been on the cards for years. FF just doesnt cut it anymore. SE you better be reading...

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

Looking like it will be tough.

Seems like a "Love it or hate it" game... Not what people were expecting.

I'm still gonna get it though, and love every minute of it!

And when IGN gives it a 9.5 , the game will be great all over again.

I am seriously considering moving away from the PS3 crowd, no group hype games, don't buy it and complain so much since i have been playing GAMES. It's so annoying.

Seriously, look at the history of FF, there's always a group who doesn't like the games because it's different each time SE does it. It should be clear by now. So if the game gets 8 and 9, that's means it's no good, huh. I feel bad for developers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Sure it will. Listen to random unknown reviewers now, and then compare them to the known ones... there will be a huge difference.

And to whoever hopes it bombs no matter how good it is... that's incredibly pathetic. And a futile hope.

No, new year = new reviewers and no more GTAIV fiasco

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Bladeforce said:
I got called idiot for saying FF was past but hey it's been on the cards for years. FF just doesnt cut it anymore. SE you better be reading...

Yeah, I'm sure they are reading, the same kind of comments they've been reading for years, when one side likes the game and another, doesn't. Funny how that works...

OT: PSrock said basically what I was going for. All it will take is a 95 on some known site and all this worry and panick will cease to exist.

completely agree

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

FF always have mixed reviews and opinions. This why the series are so great, every game is pretty different from the others, pretty different from many western franchises that are always the same with improvments(EA,Ubisoft and Activison mainly) or sport games that are always exactly the same with some better looking.

But FF plots never were about deepness or complexity, they are simple and shallow plots(sometimes silly) but beatiful. This what i'm looking for XIII, a beatiful game plot, not a deep plot.

I hope so.

invetedlotus123 said:
FF always have mixed reviews and opinions. This why the series are so great, every game is pretty different from the others, pretty different from many western franchises that are always the same with improvments(EA,Ubisoft and Activison mainly) or sport games that are always exactly the same with some better looking.

But FF plots never were about deepness or complexity, they are simple and shallow plots(sometimes silly) but beatiful. This what i'm looking for XIII, a beatiful game plot, not a deep plot.

You obviously don't know what deep or complex means.  FFX had a simple yet deep story.  I heard great things about  FFVI's story and FFVII's story is complex to a point where it is boderline convoluted.

The game will get over 90 on metacritic and gamerankings.  I actually heard the story is great and so are the characters especially Lightning and Sazh.

pterodactyl said:

I kind of hope it doesn't. Maybe if FF13 is a flop, SE will finally decide return to its roots and start making FF's for Nintendo consoles again.

?? They still are making FF games for Nintendo consoles, there was several Final Fantasy games released for the DS and Wii just this generation.